Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2005, 09:44 PM

Default Re: Changed dialogue in Empire DVD

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I asked this last night....didn't Vader realize that Luke's last name is Skywalker? Is Skywalker the equivalent of Smith in their time? Did he forget that his name is Skywalker also? Wouldn't necessarily mean father/son but some relation should be realized.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that it wasn't very smart of Obi-Wan to go hide Luke and 1) give him the same last name as his father, 2) give him to his father's step-brother and 3) put him on the same planet where his father grew up.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed on all fronts.

Holes in the force...
Old 05-17-2005, 10:01 PM

I mentioned this in a post earlier -

as to why Vader didn't notice - one must remember (as Lucas said on the Commentary Track) that Vader is much weaker then he should have been -

half his body is now artificial, and so his resulting midichlorian count is lower - and some stuff (like Force Lightning) he just can't do thru artifical arms -

That's why the Emperor wanted Luke to kill Vader - to replace him and be the apprentice Vader could never be after the events of episode 3

RB
Old 05-17-2005, 10:29 PM

Default Re: Couple silly things I noticed about Star wars.

[ QUOTE ]
How about:
Leia, in episode 4, is introduced in such a way that it's assumed that she's a born princess (the title is her birthright). in episode 2, we find out that "Queen" in that same society is an elected position.
obviously there are some loopholes here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Padme Amidala is from the planet Naboo. Leia Organa is from the planet Alderann.

There's really no reason at all to think their from the same society.
Old 05-17-2005, 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I asked this last night....didn't Vader realize that Luke's last name is Skywalker? Is Skywalker the equivalent of Smith in their time? Did he forget that his name is Skywalker also? Wouldn't necessarily mean father/son but some relation should be realized.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that it wasn't very smart of Obi-Wan to go hide Luke and 1) give him the same last name as his father, 2) give him to his father's step-brother and 3) put him on the same planet where his father grew up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Vader doesn't know he has a son, therefore he would never look for him. Why would he concentrate his time and energy watching what his step-brother was doing? He has a huge galaxy to try and oppress.
Old 05-17-2005, 11:03 PM

Default Re: Couple silly things I noticed about Star wars.

One of the things I have always wondered about. In SWANH, when Luke takes the droids to find "Old Ben", Kenobi at one point says that he never remembers owning any droids like these. I don't know that he ever actually owns R2D2 and C3P0, but he sertainly would have remembered them.