Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2005, 12:43 PM

Default Re: 52K HAND MEGA TUNE UP (REALLY LONG instructional content)

you don't open raise JTo in the CO/button?
Old 05-16-2005, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Low pocket pairs on the other hand I'm not folding. They seem to be somewhat position nuetral. I think you can pull a profit on every pair in every position over the long haul at this level.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definately agree. There are just so many people willing to pay you off that the implied odds of low pocket pairs are EV in any position to most decent players.
Old 05-16-2005, 01:02 PM

Fair enough. I don't like being stressed out when I play either, that's why I try to maintain an eleventy billion BB roll.

One final word of advice: Learn 6-max at some point.
Old 05-16-2005, 01:03 PM

I can't imagine how much money you have cost yourself by not taking shots at higher limits. Your way too passive with your bankroll. Tight and agressive is always the goal.

Krishan
Old 05-16-2005, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't imagine how much money you have cost yourself by not taking shots at higher limits. Your way too passive with your bankroll. Tight and agressive is always the goal.

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

I have played higher levels. I usually clear bonuses at non-party sites at 1/2 or 2/4 that aren't in this DB. I cleard the last two stars bonuses and the pacific crap at 3/6. I won everywhere I went I just don't like the added stress. I have cashed out over 4K this year so I don't feel too bad about the $$ I'm making in this part time hobby.... I am a nit too.

Old 05-16-2005, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fair enough. I don't like being stressed out when I play either, that's why I try to maintain an eleventy billion BB roll.

One final word of advice: Learn 6-max at some point.

[/ QUOTE ]

6-max was very unkind to me. I was a total sherrif and thought everyone was bluffing. I couldn't fold in the face of aggression and I went bonkers with weak hands like bottom pair. It's as if I thought I was playing HU or something. I will return with a better strategy soon as this experience left a bad taste in my mouth and I'm sure I can beat that friggin' game with some more practice...

Old 05-16-2005, 01:59 PM

Yeah, your stats look all right... except for W$ at SD.

Which means you were running bad. It's definitely worth another shot at some point. I had like a 280 BB downswing at that level... but it's just as soft as .5/1 IMO.
Old 05-16-2005, 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have played higher levels. I usually clear bonuses at non-party sites at 1/2 or 2/4 that aren't in this DB. I cleard the last two stars bonuses and the pacific crap at 3/6. I won everywhere I went I just don't like the added stress. I have cashed out over 4K this year so I don't feel too bad about the $$ I'm making in this part time hobby.... I am a nit too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Arggg... the pain... the pain.

You should play 2/4 until you lose 800$ (200BB downswing). If after two months, you haven't hit one yet, send me the portion of your roll you wouldn't have won had you played lower.

Krishan
Old 05-16-2005, 02:20 PM

VP$IP/PFR are really nice. Keep that up at higher levels. Honestly, 16% VPIP is nittish. I've never been below 18.5% and am running at above 20% for 2/4 and 3/6.
PFR is great -- everyone's should be 9% or above, even at this level, where steals and isolations are harder to come by.

You aggression isn't that bad, but I think you could use a little work on the turn, peeling less or raising more there. My aggression (at all levels) is pretty close to yours, but a touch above on the flop/turn. (And less on the river, nice value betting/raising)

-d
Old 05-16-2005, 02:50 PM

Sherrif. I like that term. That's a good way to describe me in my CHUMP match with Donkey last night. It also lets me make a token reference to Bob Marley after Donkey shot the sherrif.