Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2005, 02:02 PM

Default Re: 1000 tournies, question about moving on up

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand how you are going to have the BR for moving up after going on a trip to Europe. I will give you the same advice I usually give to people that want to move up... Take shots. Play 4 or 5 50s today, see how you like them. When you move up play less tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not cashing out the entire bankroll to go to Europe.

I guess I'll just see if this is really easy at the 30s it will be time to bump it up.
Old 05-12-2005, 02:43 PM

Default Re: 1000 tournies, question about moving on up

[ QUOTE ]
cool cool thanks...care to share any secrets on this:

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

depending on time of day and other factors.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, these aren't secrets per se(at least not poker secrets). Other factors is code word for facts of life. For example, how probable is it life will interupt me while 4 tabling? (I have a 8 months pregnant wife and 19 month son). If there is any probability at all, I'll play the $33s.

OP, Apathy has said it best. Take shots at the higher levels, don't commit yourself. The biggest difference you see when moving up is the variance. In the $33s and $55s I've often had streaks of 9-12 out of the money. That will be a thousand dollars + on the $109s. Yuk. That will be two thousand dollars + on the $215s. You see my point.