Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2005, 04:17 PM

Default Re: Empire Reload May 10th

10X bonus to play at a site that charges double the rake at the first level for low limit players?

I think I'll pass and play at other sites that offer 10X bonus with half the rake charge. Some offer bottomless 10X bonus at half the rake charge also.

Nice of Empire to announce a one day only bonus five days away with 10X as if its a great deal. Wow.

Empire blows prune juice...........

I wouldn't support this bonus or even talk about it. It is a giant step backwards for the Party Network. If you accept it and support it, then three months down the line you'll be playing off 12X then 15X bonuses there.

Call it what it is, BS. Remember, this site charges the highest rake at low limits of all sites. Up to 100% higher. Now they are offering reloads no more competitive than others that offer daily type reloads that are unlimited.

Don't accept this BS. They don't deserve the publicity or recognition, for their one day 10X reload.
Old 05-05-2005, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think "y" (y being the total possible bonus) is most important Id much prefer y=$1,000 with a 20 x requirement

[/ QUOTE ]
no, cause that means you only get 5 cents per raked hand. I can do a 10x and earn the same amount of bonus money in half the time, and there are plenty more bonuses I can jump to before I ever have to settle for a 20x.

if your scenario was true, everyone would be playing at Full Tilt, Noble Poker, Poo Mountain and Poker Host. what a nightmare!

[/ QUOTE ]

You are forgetting Gamesgrid. Also, I don't think it would be a nightmare at all if all the 2+2'ers decided to pick up and leave Party and go to those sites.
Old 05-05-2005, 04:23 PM

Default Re: 30 Day Bonus?

From the link:

"Bonus Amount will automatically be added to your Bonus Account where it will be held until you play raked hands equal to ten (10) times the Bonus Amount within ten (10) days of making your deposit (the "Release Requirements")."
Old 05-05-2005, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Party Skins don't give a crap about Games Grid, Absolute or anyone else. Their numbers don't even come close.

[/ QUOTE ]

They don't at present, but an attitude like this is exactly what could come back and bite them in the ass. While Party & Skins are doing their best to maximize their profits while making it worse for the players, all of the other sites are doing promotions to attract players away from Party. My bet is that its working, slowly but surely.
Old 05-05-2005, 04:26 PM

I really don't think they look at it as much as 'competition' as others seem to think.

If Party has 70k players during peak-hours then they want to get to 80k players.
They don't really care if those players are coming over to them from absolute or paradise or are brand new.

More players at the other rooms is just indicative of the TOTAL success and popularity of online-poker.
Party still dominates the market with Stars a respectable second.

The more players playing EVERYWHERE the better it is for EVERY online-site.

I really can't see the folks at party giving two hoots what absolute does. They have their own market-plan and strategy. If they have 70k players during peak-hours now then they want to get that to 80k players and they don't care where the new players come from.
And if they only stay at 70k players during peak-hours then that is still a nice $1-million or so in rake per day probably.

If a B&M room has 20-25 tables going at all times and is doing great they aren't really going to care if the room next door goes from 3 tables to 5 tables.

Why on earth would party care about absoltute?
There are obviously going to be other online-poker sites out there...and some sites starting up and falling apart all the time. Party can't really stop that from happening and it's hardly worth panicking about.
Old 05-05-2005, 04:30 PM

I disagree, Party has hit critical mass a la Ebay (think about it, why not use a million different cheaper auction houses out there?). Until the FISH decide to play somewhere else Party is in no danger. Bonus Whores and "pros" who are worrying about rake % at low limits arent the people that Party has to worry about losing. As long as they keep the tank stocked with Fish they will always be on top.
Old 05-05-2005, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Party Skins don't give a crap about Games Grid, Absolute or anyone else. Their numbers don't even come close.

[/ QUOTE ]

They don't at present, but an attitude like this is exactly what could come back and bite them in the ass. While Party & Skins are doing their best to maximize their profits while making it worse for the players, all of the other sites are doing promotions to attract players away from Party. My bet is that its working, slowly but surely.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope this does happen. I'd like other places to play, but for now this is what we have to deal with.
Old 05-05-2005, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Next Tuesday??

Did Empire not get the fvcking memo??

This just screws up the whole system.

[/ QUOTE ]

Reloads are on Tuesdays during daylight savings time [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it was announced on Thursday. Doesn't that count?
Old 05-05-2005, 04:38 PM

Just because the fish don't full understand poker does not mean they aren't intelligent people. They want to make money just as much as everyone else. If places like gamesgrid are able to do some effective marketing, the fish will start flocking there.

Say you have never played poker online before, but are interested. Or you currently play on Party Poker recreationally, but don't really understand much about getting accounts on multiple skins etc. You are watching the WSOP. On comes an ad saying "Hey, come play our site, we are currently the largest site in the world. Plus we will give you a $100 bonus when you sign up!" Right after that comes an ad "We are a new site that is going to be the best. Sign up with us, and we will give you $5000 in bonus money!"

Where are you going to go? If you are already playing at Party, $5000 to leave seems pretty damn tempting.
Old 05-05-2005, 04:42 PM

I think people do that and get ground down in the rock gardens that are almost every other site and come back to Party and lose their money slower. Like you said, they arent stupid and can see that they are playing against players only playing "good" cards.