Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2005, 05:55 PM

Default Re: Empire gives me the boot

[ QUOTE ]
we generally give a bit of influence to the post count here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find registration date to be a better indicator of influence than post count. We have no shortage of posters who post crap all day long and have inflated post counts. But there's not too many people from 2002, early 2003 that do that.

Anyways, we have a couple long time posters on BW confirming this. I would link to the thread, but that would make me naughty. This is for real.
Old 05-05-2005, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyways, we have a couple long time posters on BW confirming this. I would link to the thread, but that would make me naughty.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why is it inappropriate to link to a bw thread? Can you summarize what you have heard? Was money seized? Are they allowed to keep one account to play on and just have to close the extras? Is this only happening to people who have multiple accounts on the same skin or do other egregious things?
Old 05-05-2005, 06:32 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
looks like you cant play against TSC now...

[/ QUOTE ]

AWESOME
Old 05-05-2005, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There were 2 or 3 long term posters in the BW thread who had their accounts frozen (Empire mostly).

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm a bit confused about what they say has happened. Only their empire accounts were frozen and they could continue to play on other skins? Or they have been completely cut off from playing on any party site? I wouldn't care about losing my empire account, but I would surely care if I couldn't play any of the games on party at all.
Old 05-05-2005, 06:41 PM

Anyways, we have a couple long time posters on BW confirming this. I would link to the thread, but that would make me naughty.

Put a ball gag in my mouth and call be naughty

link

link
Old 05-05-2005, 07:19 PM

seems they closed mostly the " ONLY BONUS" Players. I play normally min 2 - 4000 hands on any skin, so i think i am not involved
Old 05-05-2005, 07:52 PM

seems they closed mostly the " ONLY BONUS" Players.

i highly doubt this is the case because at a certain level of play (i think 1/2 limit and up maybe) they are still making money from bonus whores. I really dont know at what limit they still profit from whoring because i havnt migrated my PT database from my old machine so i dont have access to raw data. would someone with some PT and access to data at several different levels of play care to do some calculations and figure out at what point empire loses money from whoring...

cubs
Old 05-05-2005, 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
so I'll be interested in seeing if I get my party account locked

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be more interested in seeing if ANYONE here with more than 1 post reports having the same problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

Happened to me in the last two days. All attempts to negotiate with them have failed. I last played there 4/11, clearing a bonus, but the only time they quoted terms and conditions it was the part about account abandonment. Just an e-mail out of the blue, "we tried to call, please e-mail or call us." I did that, they said send an e-mail to vip@empirepoker.com and the response back was sorry your account is closed. Yes I have accounts on each skin, using the ame e-mail and name. The only one I play at other than for bonuses is Party and Intertops so I cannot blame them, empire was in effect losing money on my play.

Vern
Old 05-05-2005, 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I did that, they said send an e-mail to vip@empirepoker.com and the response back was sorry your account is closed. Yes I have accounts on each skin, using the ame e-mail and name. Th

[/ QUOTE ]
Are your accounts on the other skins fine?
Old 05-05-2005, 09:24 PM

So far, I play mostly on other sites because I never got in on a good party skin rake back, a less than high rate one at intertops and had my PokerNow one go bust back in March with all the other PokerNows so I play/whore other sites.

So far, empire is the only place to have issue with my play. I checked, I have hit them up for $400 in initial deposit bonus and re-load and my exact rake for that account is only $238, so other than the $0.97 left in the account I still whored out on the deal.

Vern