Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2005, 04:42 PM

Default Re: 22/33 players

There is a much larger difference in the 20s and 30s then some people are willing to admit or just understand. I reserve the right to be completely wrong, but Ill go down with a fight.

The 30s are tough. Is every game tough? hell no, but you have a much larger chance to be 7 handed at level 5 and 6 at the 30s then the 20s. People dont play as many small pairs too far, people dont play as any dominated aces. People are much more aggressive on the bubble.

I am personaly logging all of my stats for the 20s now after stepping down from the 30s. So far its fairly clear that my $/tourny are higher at the 20s then at the 30s. Unfortunatly the more I/we talk about this the more the factor can change. 2+2 posters make a bigger difference at Sngs then you might think. There are a ton of lurkers.(yeah I see you)
Old 04-21-2005, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is a much larger difference in the 20s and 30s then some people are willing to admit or just understand. I reserve the right to be completely wrong, but Ill go down with a fight.

The 30s are tough. Is every game tough? hell no, but you have a much larger chance to be 7 handed at level 5 and 6 at the 30s then the 20s. People dont play as many small pairs too far, people dont play as any dominated aces. People are much more aggressive on the bubble.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yugoslav
Old 04-21-2005, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Yugo, you're a Pooh-Bah now... you can stop doing this, no?

Irieguy
Who was hoping that Pooh-Bah Yugo would at least add a contemplative post-script after his signature while post-whoring.
Old 04-21-2005, 05:47 PM

On these move up posts, the big question should always be why are you playing poker right now? Is it to make money now or become a better poker player?

If it is just to make money it is ok to keep grinding out at the same level. You should be able to get up to something like 25-30% ROI in the 20s and if you start 8-12 tabling them you will make pretty decent money.

If you want to become a better player, you will be better off taking shots at bigger games. Even if you are a 0% ROI player short term, playing against better players will make you better.

Personally I would recommend take a limited number of buyins (10-15) and play at the higher level until a) your broke and go back to grinding out the 22s or b) you feel confidant that you are winning 33 player. Note if you go broke you might just be an unlucky player. Taking a break at the lower levels is probably a good idea so you don't get too frustrated.