Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2005, 05:15 PM

Default Re: Some WPT observations...

Agreed and I said the very same thing while watching. This is why I wanted to get a discussion going about it b/c it was a novel situation for the show (ie that huge of a lead) which translated into an interesting approach.

Not the same as Hoyt Corkins "all ins."
Old 04-21-2005, 06:30 PM

Default Re: Some WPT observations...

I don't think he necessarily misplayed anything. The qq's is better to move all in than some stupid playing of calling off his chips or bluffing them and knocking himself out. And the Ak some of the top players just call preflop as in a trap situation. I'm not saying he's a great player. Just saying he didnt' make any big mistakes as of seen MANY of the top players make that are obvious mistakes.

And as far as daniel. I may sound like i'm saying he's a total jerk. I'm not saying that exactly. He actually seems like a very nice guy. But thats if your in his world of friends. And not saying he acts very rude or snobby to strangers. He sometimes goes out of his way to be nice. Which is good. But i just feel even though he is doing that, that he believes he's on a cloud above these people. And your right. I don't know him personally although i've seen him around alot and just going purely on observation. And btw this could change as he's young. Age may mature that attitude.