Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2005, 07:51 PM

Default Re: AK vs an apparent LAG, need a line.

[ QUOTE ]
yeah..why would you want to bet a LAG when you are a favorite and you have no indication he has a hand. better to let him have a cheap card and draw out on you..or wait for 4th club to fall in which case you have no info to act on
Brian

[/ QUOTE ]

In the midst of your sarcasm is some flawed logic. You're not going to fold against a LAG when the 4th club falls, so you're not going to get any useful information about his hand by raising. And the way this flop came down, he's not folding and neither are you. You shouldn't be concerned with letting him draw out cheaply. Your should be focusing on finding a line where you get the most bets in when you've got the best of it.
Old 04-20-2005, 08:04 PM

I think you have to fold here. The villain may be a LAG. But it doesn't change the fact that you don't have a club in your hand.
Old 04-20-2005, 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Paradise .5/1

First orbit.

Hero is in MP2 with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Folded to MP1 who raises. It is the third hand he's raised preflop in the last six. Hero reraises. All fold.

Flop:
A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Villian bets, hero calls, planning to raise a non-club turn.

Turn:
4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Villian bets.

What is hero's line from here?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know why everyone wants to raise the flop. You're playing a probable LAG. Are you really going to fold TPTK against him heads up? You shouldn't fold and he probably isn't going to fold. (You also shouldn't spew.)

Here's are a couple lines to consider:
1) Waiting until the turn to raise (my choice): By only calling the flop, you can expect him to bet into you on the turn regardless of what falls. Therefore, you get an extra BB out of him the 80% of the time that a club doesn't fall.

2a) Raising on the flop and a club falls: If you raise, he's likely going to just call you. If a club falls on the turn, what will you do? If he checks, you're going to check behind and call when he bets into you on the river. If you bet here, you might get hit with a check-raise, and then you'll have a hard time folding because he's a LAG (but you definitely fold to a check-raise here). It costs the same (and you win the same) if you just let him bet into you on the river.

2b) Raising on the flop and a club does not fall: It's not clear what will happen here. Maybe villain will bet again, maybe not. If he's on a club draw, he'll most likely check-call. If he has an ace, maybe he'll stop and go. So you pick up the extra BB only when he has an ace here, and maybe not every time. Every other time, you probably won't get the extra BB.

When you put these together, I think waiting until the turn is best.
Old 04-20-2005, 09:34 PM

Thanks to everyone for their great feedback on this hand. I wish I had more of a postflop read on this player but I was grilling hotdogs instead of following the postflop action. The only thing I had noticed was all the raising preflop and the lack of mustard in the fridge.

Not that it matters, but the villain had the nuts the whole way, holding K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

As a final note, I'd just like to echo what Aaron said about raising the flop for information. You aren't raising for information if you're just gonna call down anyway.