Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2005, 02:25 PM

Default Re: How to get a roomate to pay up?

How can you live with this person? Everytime I see her I would just shout "Where is my money whore?!?!??!?!" and make her cry.
Old 04-12-2005, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How can you live with this person? Everytime I see her I would just shout "Where is my money whore?!?!??!?!" and make her cry.

[/ QUOTE ]

This solution is second best only to pimp her out.
Old 04-12-2005, 02:30 PM

Small claims court is rarely worth it. It sounds like she doesn't give a [censored] about anything. The court can't force someone to appear. She won't show, you waste your time.

Girls are slow witted. Are you telling me you really can't drive a girl out of your place? Cmon...
Old 04-12-2005, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Garnishing wages and taking her to court will take up more time and money on your part that it's probably worth. Garnishing wages is not that easy to do, and small claims judgments are notoriously hard to collect on. She could owe you that money for years.

[/ QUOTE ]

these arent expensive or hard to do at all! And he said the money isnt a huge issue so he could at least do it and get it at "some" point. And small claims cases take lil of ur time, u file and then u appear in court...thats not hard

they arent hard to collect on with a fi fa, yes it might take time but it will get collected thought that or ganishment of wages, u just have to file paper work is all
Old 04-12-2005, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Small claims court is rarely worth it. It sounds like she doesn't give a [censored] about anything. The court can't force someone to appear. She won't show, you waste your time.

Girls are slow witted. Are you telling me you really can't drive a girl out of your place? Cmon...

[/ QUOTE ]

if she doesnt appear shes in contempt of court and a warrent will be issued...it is punishable and she will be taken to jail...
Old 04-12-2005, 02:56 PM

People don't show up to small claims court with great frequency. Even if she shows up the court will not force her to pay it, she has to get in trouble herself to get caught. This sounds like a perfect situation for that to happen.

Not worth the time unless he is set on making a point.
Old 04-12-2005, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Disconnect your phone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do people still have phones connected in their apartments??
Weird..... [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 04-12-2005, 03:17 PM

Location: Typing \"nice runner runner\" over and over and over and over and over and over

[ QUOTE ]
Girls are slow witted.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-12-2005, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
These are all great ideas. I think pimping her out is probably best. Hitting it myself is not a possibility, she's not up to my standards and is a f'ing weirdo. I might beat her ass though. In fact, that's why she moved in with me, as her old boyfriend threw her down some steps or something. So she's used to that, I'll just do it again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 04-12-2005, 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Garnishing wages and taking her to court will take up more time and money on your part that it's probably worth. Garnishing wages is not that easy to do, and small claims judgments are notoriously hard to collect on. She could owe you that money for years.

[/ QUOTE ]

these arent expensive or hard to do at all! And he said the money isnt a huge issue so he could at least do it and get it at "some" point. And small claims cases take lil of ur time, u file and then u appear in court...thats not hard

they arent hard to collect on with a fi fa, yes it might take time but it will get collected thought that or ganishment of wages, u just have to file paper work is all

[/ QUOTE ]

It can easily take all day here in California, and that's a day you could have spent working and earning money. Opportunity cost.

It also costs 25 bucks to get a marshal to serve people with subpoenas or other papers. Each time.

Small claims judgments are orders to pay, not vehicles of payment. It's a piece of paper worth exactly how much someone wants to value it. There are people who have small claims judgments against them without paying for months and years.

So you put a good deal of time and money into something with far from a guaranteed result no matter how right you are about any particular issue before the court. It's a gamble, and not a cheap one.

It's far, far better to keep it out of the courts if at all possible, unless you don't mind the monetary loss of missing a day of work and maybe more. It's a resort all right, but a last resort.