Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2005, 02:01 PM

Default Re: Vegas Trip Report Pt. 1 - planning

I havn't eaten any meat for 7 days. sounds like you might want to consider a brief respite yourself.
Old 04-11-2005, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I havn't eaten any meat for 7 days. sounds like you might want to consider a brief respite yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

After I go this weekend for the second weekend in a row, I will be in need of a respite from a lot of things.
Old 04-11-2005, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe there were two responses commenting on the unhealthiness of one of the meals. Wow. You guys must be a riot to hang out with in Vegas.

[/ QUOTE ]

No kidding. I want to hear more about if the blue shirt just didn't work, or if the talent pool was not good enough for you to even waste wearing the blue shirt.

Also, more thoughts on Delmonicos? I've read reviews online, and they seem to be somewhat mixed. Either glowing and gushing, or overpriced and overrated. No one seems to fall in the middle.
Old 04-11-2005, 02:50 PM

"After I go this weekend for the second weekend in a row, I will be in need of a respite from a lot of things. "

Hookers 2 weeks in a row is probably worse for your health than the goose liver.
Old 04-11-2005, 02:52 PM

I went there last sept and I loved it. Compared to other high end steak houses I found it to be average in terms of price but the quality of meal was above average.
Old 04-11-2005, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No kidding. I want to hear more about if the blue shirt just didn't work, or if the talent pool was not good enough for you to even waste wearing the blue shirt.

[/ QUOTE ]

The talent pool was underwhelming. Also, instead of sleeping by the pool during the day on Saturday, I was dragged downtown to Binion's. I think that was very bad for the energy level and flow of the weekend. Saturday should have much more of a recovery then ramp up period, starting w/ drinks by the pool.

After years of sticking w/ the Hard Rock, I was kind of getting tired of the scene and have been trying out new hotels (Palms, Mandalay). Based on my last handful of experiences, I think I'm going to go back to staying at the Hard Rock.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, more thoughts on Delmonicos?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's great. Much has been written here about Delmonico's in the past.
Old 04-11-2005, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, more thoughts on Delmonicos?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's great. Much has been written here about Delmonico's in the past.

[/ QUOTE ]

TY. I thought it had been written about here, I'll search the archives when I get a chance.
Old 04-11-2005, 09:55 PM

el d heads to vegas, for a short vacation,
to play some games of chance, with neg expectation...

el d on the way to sin city, with a shirt thats oh so shiny,
leave the crew at home next time if you really want some hiney...

el d back at home, planning for trip two,
lighter in the wallet, but not feeling blue

i could rhyme all night, but i am sort of tuckered,
but would you please reveal, where the h was j.a.sucker?
Old 04-15-2005, 03:09 PM

Default Vegas Trip Report Pt. 3 - weekend two planning

OK. I'm off to Vegas again. This time it is for a friend's bachelor party. Since I'm going to be so drunk all weekend, I decided not to reload, so I'm heading back w/ my remaining cash from last trip - about $5k in 100s and $300 in 20s.

I have what feels like a pretty good plan. This afternoon I'll play some blackjack at Mandalay before dinner and win about $1000. I think dinner will be either China Grill or Nobu. After dinner we'll hit some bars/clubs, then latenight I'll take the $1000 I won at BJ to the craps table and turn it into about $4000.

Saturday during the day will be the pool, then I'll try to win another $2000 or so at BJ. Big steak dinner Saturday night, then probably something involving strippers. If I'm still standing, I'll try and win another thousand or two at craps latenight.

Sunday maybe I'll play some poker or something. Dunno. That is all up in the air. At the airport I'm going to play the Wheel of Fortune slots. Last weekend I hit a 250 coin jackpot on that. This weekend I'm going to try harder to hit the progressive $1M+ jackpot.

I'm making one important change. No shiny blue shirt this weekend. The last three times the shiny blue shirts have not fared well. I'm going with a black/blue cheetah print shirt and a shiny red shirt. Feeling very good about the selections.

Also, instead of lunch before leaving, I'm going to have lunch at the airport.

My free UltimatePoints sunglasses arrived today, so I think that's a pretty good omen.
Old 04-15-2005, 03:23 PM

Default Re: Vegas Trip Report Pt. 3 - weekend two planning

[ QUOTE ]
At the airport I'm going to play the Wheel of Fortune slots. Last weekend I hit a 250 coin jackpot on that. This weekend I'm going to try harder to hit the progressive $1M+ jackpot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just remember, the slot attendent should be able to help make this happen.

Have fun. Good luck with the new shirts.