Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2005, 07:19 PM

Default Re: Worst Feeling in Poker

[ QUOTE ]
nah...In a limit game, gettin AA utg and raising pre-flop, only to watch 7 other players call on a loose table.....you know your babies are gonna die a slow painful death.

[/ QUOTE ]
This whole thread sucks, and this post sucks more than any post within it. Way too much feeling bad about other players' actions and "bad luck," not enough feeling bad about making mistakes yourself.

I don't feel bad about anything I don't have any control over.
Old 04-06-2005, 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This whole thread sucks, and this post sucks more than any post within it. Way too much feeling bad about other players' actions and "bad luck," not enough feeling bad about making mistakes yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Alrighty then. My own worst mistake that gave me that sick feeling in my stomach afterwards.

4/8 in a kill pot B&M last weekend: I have AKs on a flop of AQK and 4 people in the capped pot. Turn is a brick. Capped again. 3 of us left. River is a T.

Bet. Raise. I expertly decided to fold. Original dude 3 bet and it was called. They split MY pot with TQ.

Usually I can get over something like that in a couple seconds, but the sick feeling was worsened because I showed the table what a great laydown I was making. I still want to puke over the whole thing. How could I be such a idiot?

Onaflag..........
Old 04-06-2005, 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You didn't feel bad when Joe Strummer died?
Old 04-06-2005, 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You didn't feel bad when Joe Strummer died?

[/ QUOTE ]
IN POKER!!!
Old 04-06-2005, 10:02 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

Just a quick check in. I haven't read the others so someone may have already mentioned these.

1) That feeling you get when your cards are about a millimeter out of your hand going toward the muck and you realize you misread your hand and are folding the winner.

2) Going to showdown, folding to a guys 2 pair. Someone, not the winner, does the IWTSTH rule and they flip over the b-doored nut str8.

3) Realizing you folded a str8flush for 1 bet on the river because you 'knew' the bettor had a higher flush card than yours and you got 'counterfeited' on a 4 flush board.

b
Old 04-06-2005, 10:04 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

[ QUOTE ]
He said its like being in one of those money tubes where all the $20 bills are flying around you, and your arms are duct taped to the side of your body and they can't move.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a pretty good description.

b
Old 04-06-2005, 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Everyone is wrong. The worst feeling in poker is walking home after playing all night, stuck a dime, seeing the sun break, and thinking you have to go to work in an hour.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed 100%

[/ QUOTE ]

1000% ...been there..done that.
Old 04-06-2005, 10:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate it even more when I am at a table with a huge fish who goes on a huge rush, sucks out on me several times, and then leaves before I even get a chance to get even.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was near the top of the waiting list for this table. I got my seat by replacing UTG+1, and the button from this hand sat out before I was dealt in. Not the _worst_ feeling in poker, but still annoying.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop:
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (16 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (14 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, Button calls, BB calls.

River: (23 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 31 BB

Results:
UTG+1 has Ks 5c (one pair, threes).
Button has 2h 2d (two pair, threes and twos).
Outcome: Button wins 31 BB.
Old 04-07-2005, 03:19 AM

muahahahah brings back memories

[ QUOTE ]

first and only time i've ever punched the moniter and had to have my brother pull me away from the computer

[/ QUOTE ]