Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2005, 06:12 PM

Default Re: To Howard and Paul: A Backing Request!

Thanks Howard? So are you now prepared to put in a good word with the "REAL" howard concerning backing me given the qualifications that I listed here. Hey I wonder why Paul hasn't opened his mouth here. He was so quuick to do so no other things that I post. I guess he must feel - well---out Pauled.

vince
Old 04-03-2005, 10:48 PM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts
Default Re: To Howard and Paul: A Backing Request!

Damn man, you beat Norm McDonald? THE Norm McDonald? If I could make any cash off my final table finishes at Foxwoods ($616 back in 2003 for 7th place out of 250 players in a $35 NL Hold 'Em with rebuy and add-on Tuesday night tourney and $208 for a 9th place finish about a month ago in a $60 NL Hold 'Em Thursday morning tourney out of 180+ players) I could have a shot at this.

I've only played five of the "weekly" tournies and placed in the money three of those times (twice at the final table)

In addition, just went down for the Poker Classic this past Monday and played the shoot-out event for $200+$40. You need to win your table to move on to Day 2. I snag an early chip lead and then I made a mistake that I knew was a mistake, but I still made it.

A player raised it up pre-flop and I had A/J. I called and the flop was rags with a Jack. He bet out 200, which I figured for weakness, I re-raised to 600 and he pushed all-in. Alarms were going off in my head, he's got Q/Q, he's got K/K, get the hell out. But stupidly I didn't listen to myself and I called, and he turned over the other two Jacks in his hand. I was drawing virtually dead, would need runner-runner Aces or diamonds to beat him. Caught one diamond, but not the other. Dropped back down to my original 1500 chips.

Then I found 9/9 when this new chip leader decided to steal. I was down to about 500-600 chips and called all-in and he turned over his J/5 suited steal attempt. I doubled through.

My next hand I find A/Q and raise the BB from 200 up to 600. Another short-stacked player to my left pushes all-in with his 6/6 and I already have half my stack invested and call. I didn't win or move on to Day 2. But if I had listened to myself and folded the A/J when I knew I was beat, I could've had a great shot at it.

So what I'm saying is: you can back me for just a few grand, mabye 2-3 grand? That should get me started on cash and smaller buy-in tournies to build my bankroll and pay you back. I promise to listen to myself next time too, so you really can't lose.

And I was a 7-card stud player first, and I enjoy Omaha hi/lo and 7-stud and stud hi/lo as well. Those are my primary cash games, I can't stand limit hold 'em. But NL tournies are fine. I view Hold 'Em as 7-card stud for dummies. 7-card stud and Omaha require so much more skill and calculating odds, remembering cards that have come up, etc.

Anyway, PM me for the paypal account, although I prefer you just mail me well-wrapped cash, that way I don't have to pay any fees. Thanks again!