Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2005, 08:06 PM

Default Related ethical question

when there is someone sitting out who is being blinded away, do you think it's ethical to encourage remaining players to play quickly (in case the person returns)?
Old 04-01-2005, 08:30 PM

Default Re: Related ethical question

I'm not exactly sure of the ethics regarding that idea.

It does remind me of returning to the table on the PPM IV cruise after the first break. Our table was kind of in the back and it was pretty difficult for everyone to go hit the men's room during the 15-minute break.

We were friendly and chatting with the dealer, etc. When the director (maybe Matt Savage...but I think it was someone else) said to resume play the dealer didn't hear it (bad speakers in there) but me and the guy next to me (with a limit WSOP-bracelet to his name) cut him off mid-conservation and hurried him "Okay...That's it! Let's go!"

We only had 3 players there and there some blinds up for grabs and we wanted to get them before the other players returned.

Obviously telling the dealer "ok...he said to start dealing" is different than encouraging the players at your table to play faster though....just a situation that your question reminded me of.

I've done the opposite of your question though.
during speed (or regular too I suppose) tourneys I've been known to tell our table..or even other tables... that stalling is no longer going to help (because we're hand-for-hand and at the highest stakes level perhaps)....but that's not strategic...it's just from getting tired of waiting.