Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2005, 03:30 PM

Default Re: Sklansky, Philips, true masters?

[ QUOTE ]
Want to know why I'm in a position to make that assessment?

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me guess. The position that you are in is behind PP on your knees with your nose stuck firmly between his cheeks. Pretty good guess huh!

Vince
Old 04-01-2005, 04:05 PM

Are you trying to be funny, or just rude?
Old 04-01-2005, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you trying to be funny, or just rude?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are defending PP's right to decide who is "deserving" of anything then I am being rude. If not I am being funny. You decide.

Vince
Old 04-01-2005, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Being new to this forum, something surprises me. Sklansky and Philips and in my opinion some other top players (not so conclusive evidence so I won't name them in case I am wrong) very often answer arrogantly when opposed.

[/ QUOTE ]

It tends to correlate with the quality of the "opposition". Unfortunately this forum is heavily populated by nimrods and I admit I provide them with more attention than they deserve. If you choose to judge me solely by what I write here that's your right, but you're just a blind man feeling up an elephant.

[ QUOTE ]
I will never become as good as these players, but I know that the day your mentality has become such, you are just a sitting duck waiting to be outclassed by more open-minded challengers.

[/ QUOTE ]

I occasionally amuse myself by making fun of certain highly deserving targets. If that means I'm doomed in poker then oh well. It was fun while it lasted.

[ QUOTE ]
The real master is the one who realizes that he just borrowes that title and does not own it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pithiness, thy name is Arnfinn Madsen.

[/ QUOTE ]

post like this is why I think they are both funny as hell!!

nothing wrong with them giving back what they get on here [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] From what I have seen there is alot of jealousy against some of these guys ? I understand ..I am broke and work a crappy job living paycheck to paycheck.
Old 04-01-2005, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I occasionally amuse myself by making fun of certain highly deserving targets. If that means I'm doomed in poker then oh well. It was fun while it lasted.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you in any position to decide who is highly deserving targets? Since you play well?

[/ QUOTE ]

"For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbours, and laugh at them in our turn?"
Old 04-01-2005, 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you choose to judge me solely by what I write here that's your right, but you're just a blind man feeling up an elephant.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you speaking from experience or is this something you've always fantisized about during quiet time?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

...and to think those million$ actually made you a better person. in the immortal words of Mason Malmuth:

[ QUOTE ]
nothing else needs to be said.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-01-2005, 08:02 PM

Paul,

Good choice of words... nimrods Do you like Quentin Tarantino flicks?
Old 04-01-2005, 08:09 PM

Mike,

I don't know if he likes quentin but he once said screw U2 to me. Now I don't know if he meant screw me or the band U2 or some two (2) other folk. He's so smart, like David said, that I'm not smart enough to know who he is talking about. Do U2 have the same problem? God I wish i knew 2 what a Nimrod is, maybe he would like me betterrer then like U---2.

Vince

Vince
Old 04-01-2005, 08:19 PM

nim·rod (nmrd)
n.
1. also Nimrod A hunter.
2. Informal A person regarded as silly, foolish, or stupid.

Noun 1. Nimrod - (Old Testament) a famous hunter
Old Testament - the collection of books comprising the sacred scripture of the Hebrews and recording their history as the chosen people; the first half of the Christian Bible
hunter, huntsman - someone who hunts game
Old 04-02-2005, 12:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It tends to correlate with the quality of the "opposition". Unfortunately this forum is heavily populated by nimrods and I admit I provide them with more attention than they deserve. If you choose to judge me solely by what I write here that's your right, but you're just a blind man feeling up an elephant.

[/ QUOTE ]

I posted in this forum about this forum and think I was clear about that. I haven't attacked any of your outside-forum behaviour.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you in any position to decide who is highly deserving targets? Since you play well?

[ QUOTE ]
Pithiness, thy name is Arnfinn Madsen.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thx, so one critical post was enough to enter your deserving targets list [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. If it wasn't a joke I think I have proven my point.

[/ QUOTE ]

sometimes you get to a point where:

[ QUOTE ]
nothing else needs to be said.

[/ QUOTE ]

funny how he just ended up validating your point exactly.