Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2005, 01:51 AM

Default Re: GrunchCan Starts Over (Off Topic)

Tough luck dude. Especially about missing the WSOP. You'll be back into the bigger games in no time. Good luck to you.
Old 04-01-2005, 10:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
commiserations bro.

it wasn't taxes, but my wife rebuked me for all my pokering (i didn't even play as much as most guys) so i cashed out and now i SnG occasionally on Stars and so goes my micros career.

here's to hoping you run hot & long. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

tough break. I would try to make some sort of "poker profit share" deal with your wife. when she starts getting some new shoes/jewelry every month, she'll like poker better.

your roll obviously won't go up as fast this way as before, but it will at least go up [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-01-2005, 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
commiserations bro.

it wasn't taxes, but my wife rebuked me for all my pokering (i didn't even play as much as most guys) so i cashed out and now i SnG occasionally on Stars and so goes my micros career.

[/ QUOTE ]

tough break. I would try to make some sort of "poker profit share" deal with your wife. when she starts getting some new shoes/jewelry every month, she'll like poker better.

your roll obviously won't go up as fast this way as before, but it will at least go up [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Although my wife was never against my poker playing becasue I never used house money to fund it (I only used money from my personal account) - I did recently make a deal with her. 1/6 of all profits from poker go to the house, with payouts every 2 weeks. She liked that, and it gets her involved in the game & my learning.
Old 04-01-2005, 11:28 AM

Don't forget to start paying those taxes early next year so that you don't take another hit.

Greg
Old 04-01-2005, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
commiserations bro.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gak! Do you have a cat? My wife bitched about my playing until I saved our cat with my BR last month (3K). Since then the car has broken down and she needs dental surgery. Suddenly she has stopped bitching that I play too much and instead gets me a beer every once in a while. Maybe if i'm lucky one of our kids will get really sick and she'll start blowing me while I play! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 04-01-2005, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
commiserations bro.

[/ QUOTE ]

get her some fukking bling yo, and tell here you couldn't have afforded it without your poker winnings.
Old 04-01-2005, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe if i'm lucky one of our kids will get really sick and she'll start blowing me while I play! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

you are a seriously disturbed individual.

you might try moving near some high voltage power lines.
Old 04-01-2005, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
commiserations bro.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gak! Do you have a cat? My wife bitched about my playing until I saved our cat with my BR last month (3K). Since then the car has broken down and she needs dental surgery. Suddenly she has stopped bitching that I play too much and instead gets me a beer every once in a while. Maybe if i'm lucky one of our kids will get really sick and she'll start blowing me while I play! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, I can't laugh like that if I'm supposed to be working. Good one.
Old 04-06-2005, 12:33 AM

Just for the record, if you aren't a 24/14 player at .5/1 I'll be seriously disappointed. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-06-2005, 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just for the record, if you aren't a 24/14 player at .5/1 I'll be seriously disappointed. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I went back down to .5/1 for a while ran about 22.5/13 it was soo much more fun than the old 17.5/9 i was at

so how's the status so far Grunch