Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2005, 05:06 PM

Default Re: check-raising tommy angelo is back

"You don't know who knows what I (or other posters) do or when I do it or who knows about it. To use a poster's name without his permission is wrong."

What about snakehead posting a hand with Phil Hellmuth? Does it matter that Hellmuth doesn't post here? Is that justified by Hellmuth's celebrity status? Doesn't Tommy Angelo write for articles and maintain a poker website?

-Michael
Old 03-23-2005, 05:34 PM

"Doesn't Tommy Angelo write for articles and maintain a poker website?"

right. i said elsewhere that he's like a minor celebrity around here. so it's different, or at least perceived as different by some.

cmon lmd back me up on here, show us some of that grad school logic theyve been pumping you with over there.
Old 03-23-2005, 06:43 PM

If TA gives a rats ass about it, he should let us know that he doesn't apprieciate it when we post about him without his permission...

Seeing as there are only like 3 or 4 posters that are actually celeb enough that other posters want to post hands they saw them play, I figure this won't come up that often....

So, Tommy? DOES this really bother you?? Or are you just fighting the good fight for the sake of....
Old 03-23-2005, 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Seeing as there are only like 3 or 4 posters that are actually celeb enough that other posters want to post hands they saw them play, I figure this won't come up that often....

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd be suprised. There are tons of people that are talked about regaurding hands played together that aren't remotely celebrity. It just adds information and often makes threads more interesting I dunno.
Old 03-23-2005, 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd be suprised. There are tons of people that are talked about regaurding hands played together that aren't remotely celebrity. It just adds information and often makes threads more interesting I dunno.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just meant in this type of sensationalized format....

"Extra Extra Read all about it...Clarkmeister STILL 3-bet bluffs the river...Late last night at the Miragio 35-70, local card shark Clark Meister was seen putting in 3-bets on the river with an unimproved Jack and Duece of different suits!"
Old 03-23-2005, 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Clark Meister was seen putting in 3-bets on the river with an unimproved Jack and Duece of different suits!

[/ QUOTE ]

would that be news?
Old 03-23-2005, 08:05 PM

Boris, I know you well enough that I wouldn't post something on this board with your permission. But let's say that someone pointed you out to me and said "Hey, that's Boris. From 2+2." And I had never spoken to you in my life. I would have no qualms about posting a hand that you played if I thought it was interesting. I think this comes down to a personal relationship courtesy issue, not a "gamblers courtesy" or a "2+2 courtesy" issue.

RH
Old 03-23-2005, 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But let's say that someone pointed you out to me and said "Hey, that's Boris. From 2+2." And I had never spoken to you in my life. I would have no qualms about posting a hand that you played if I thought it was interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

If that happened I would go from being paranoid to being neurotic.