Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2005, 02:44 AM

Default Re: 100-200 against stoxtrader

thats odd...

from my limited experience with stox at mid limit (15 or 30), he's a c'r happy camper. i'd expect a flop c'r...the river checkraise looks like a Q or AK or maybe even KJ. all in all given his c'r's i like the turn check b'c you can't necessarily fold to it,

you MUST MUST MUST call that river c'r.so nh....now just start to exploit all that raising and you'll be set lol...and by the way...your game selection blows ...and i think i see who the fish is james [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] j/k

-Barron

-Barron
Old 03-22-2005, 02:52 AM

<font color="red"> If he check-raises the turn and I three bet, he is definitely not calling down with worse than a queen. </font>

Then you should often 3-bet the turn just for the fun of it!

You should also be 3-betting the turn with worse hands than AA to punish him for check/raising the turn when he has AK or small pocket pair type hands.

Lastly, is it so inconceivable he might peel the flop after the first raiser folds with a hand like Jd,Td trying to play you off what he thinks is a pocket pair, but might be less than AA, or KK? If so, would he ever check/raise the turn after picking up an open ender?

Maybe I'm not making clear my main point. I go many bets on the turn with all kinds of hands in short handed games. One reason is because the turn often replaces the flop in short handed games in the form of posturing, etc. The other reason is to play extremely strong with position. To make the other guy pay for getting cute or trying to move you. To make a statement, draw a line in the sand, or whatever. Even if he can't call a 3-bet, it's ok to lose him every once in a while if it gets your point across.

I'm sure the guy did end up having 99 or a queen and everyone seems to know him so well that he wouldn't have called with anything that didn't beat AA. I'm not sure how he could be such a formidable short handed player if that's the case, but I'll believe you. I'm just saying look at all the other stuff.
Old 03-22-2005, 02:56 AM

there is a lot of stuff here...and you are definately onto something, but stox will definately c'r here with worse than the q or 99 or whatever enough to make it not worth the 3 bet on the river...

the turn however, then yea...this isn't a bad hand to draw that line you're talking about but what would suck is that YOU can't call the 4 bet if it comes.

do you check behind the river if he calls the 3bet? bet and call a c'r? bet and fold to a c'r?

-Barron
Old 03-22-2005, 03:00 AM

Screw it. This says what I was trying to say better than I could've thunk it. And all that shania stuff. I like it.
Old 03-22-2005, 03:15 AM

There is no chance of Stox is paying off a river three bet with a king. Three betting the river would be pretty bad.
Old 03-22-2005, 03:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
thats odd...

from my limited experience with stox at mid limit (15 or 30), he's a c'r happy camper. i'd expect a flop c'r...the river checkraise looks like a Q or AK or maybe even KJ. all in all given his c'r's i like the turn check b'c you can't necessarily fold to it,

you MUST MUST MUST call that river c'r.so nh....now just start to exploit all that raising and you'll be set lol...and by the way...your game selection blows ...and i think i see who the fish is james [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] j/k

-Barron

-Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure Barron, but wouldn't a flop cr be a billion times more likely with a small pair or something like that? This doesn't just stink of slowplay to you?
-James
Old 03-22-2005, 03:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Would you agree that you should be 3 betting other non-AA hands if you are check/raised on this turn? If not, stop... No need to respond... Have a nice day.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't know who this lestat is
but one thing that i can say
is based on the thoughts in these posts
lestat would be tougher to play
Old 03-22-2005, 03:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
For many reasons, this is not a hand that can go more than 2 bets on any street for me. Stoxtrader is a player folks

[/ QUOTE ]

you contradict yourself here
for you say stox is a player
but when he puts in any bets
your AA trembles with fear
Old 03-22-2005, 03:54 AM

Sometimes these seem painfully clear to me. I may be wrong, but...

Geez, James 3-bet outta the big blind. He has a pair, AK, AQ most of the time. I dunno how often James would 3-bet a hand like AJ or KQ here. So I'm thinking pair or AK or AQ.

Flop QQ6. Check/bet call. Neat. Plain.

Turn is a 9. If I'm Stox, I'm putting James on a pair, which will bet here nearly 100% of the time, AQ, which will bet here 100% of the time, or AK, which may or may not bet here.

SB checks, and James checks. Duh, James must have AK.

River King...bada bing!! what a great river checkraise opportunity we have here!! So, viola, he checkraises James on the river.

James may have called to see Stox QTo (would he call this from the SB vs. a steal in a shorthanded game?) or Q9s or some such.

Or, James, knowing he was beat did what I'd do OCCASSIONALLY (maybe 25ish% of the time) and fold.

This seems obvious. As such, I must be way off.

Josh
Old 03-22-2005, 03:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
For many reasons, this is not a hand that can go more than 2 bets on any street for me. Stoxtrader is a player folks

[/ QUOTE ]

you contradict yourself here
for you say stox is a player
but when he puts in any bets
your AA trembles with fear

[/ QUOTE ]

one thing I see
this much is clear
stox sits atop James
in the heirarchy of fear