Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2002, 03:58 PM

Default Re: Results

Great question. I don't know. Since I have a pair to show down, I guess I have to call hoping he was on a busted draw or something.
Old 10-09-2002, 06:41 PM

Default Re: $100-$200 Hand

Hey skp,

Other points to consider, some of them you have already touched on:

- your opponent's hand may improve on the river, so he might bet the river anyway. If he has top pair ~11% chance he will improve on the river.

- a scare card could come that prevents him from betting the river, here an Ace, King or Queen might prevent a bet. Maybe a 7 or 8 prevents a bet, maybe a Ten.

- you may get check/raised on the turn, hard to put a number on that.

- your hand may improve w/o hitting the flush and you wouldn't mind the opponent betting. Here you have an ~11% chance of improving to 2 pair or trips. You might even want to raise.

I think when you add up all these points, it pushes it to take the free card on the turn and see what the river brings.

Old 10-09-2002, 07:39 PM

Default Re: Results

Hi Jim:

Since he threw his hand away without showing, it probably means that he did not have any pair. Thus, if we go by results, you certainly would not want to fold, especially in a big pot like this.

But we don't want to be too results oriented. So now that we know that he can bluff in this spot, the real question is will he do it often enough to make folding a mistake? This is probably a function of the player in question.

Best wishes,
Mason