Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2005, 05:22 PM

Default Re: Important Hand if you play Nl $1,000

Maybe he just wants you to think he folded the nut flush. No way you know for sure. I have done it MANY times after folding a mediocre hand and opponent shows a weak hand. I'll throw a fit and make him believe I folded a monster and wait for his next obvious bull$hit overbet.
Old 03-10-2005, 07:01 AM

shouldnt he have bet a little more on the turn? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 03-10-2005, 10:36 AM

BRILLIANT. [censored] THESE HATERS.

[ QUOTE ]
Both opponents in this hand are very tight rocks, one is a known 2+2 poster.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Hero ($1317)
BB ($937.5)
UTG ($1788.75)
MP ($611.25)
Button ($588.5)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $5.
UTG calls $10, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $10, Hero (poster) completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($40) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $50</font>, BB calls $50, UTG calls $50, Button folds.

Turn: ($190) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $100</font>, BB calls $100, UTG calls $100.

River: ($490) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero calls $1157 (All-In), BB folds, UTG folds.

Final Pot: $1647

Textbook?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-10-2005, 10:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How does a person call the turn with a flush draw, and then check behind after they make the flush?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Im confused. They folded the river after he bet, they didnt check behind?
Old 03-10-2005, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]check it out. you are hero. you have 88/99. you have a good read that the opponent is flushing (seems to a safe assumption that one of the two has now has made a flush on the end). would you overbet this river allin? this would probably be a poor play against most opponents.... do you see why?
Old 03-10-2005, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]check it out. you are hero. you have 88/99. you have a good read that the opponent is flushing (seems to a safe assumption that one of the two has now has made a flush on the end). would you overbet this river allin? this would probably be a poor play against most opponents.... do you see why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but OP is trying to make his play resemble what I see quite often in this game, underbetting with the nuts until the river cards that looks to help everyone and then betting big.

everyone here is saying this is an easy call for a flush to make, and i disagree: the main problem i see is that he could be against a set himself...
Old 03-10-2005, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the main problem i see is that he could be against a set himself...

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a valid point, but given the action thus far, it's reasonable for hero to assume that his str8 is no longer good, and can only win the hand by representing a boat here.

I think Kane made a ballsy bet, but I think the reason that several posters have said this is a call for the nut flush here is b/c someone w/ a house would likely figure that the river made someone's flush, and then check, knowing that the flusher will bet out, and then go for a CR . . .
Old 03-14-2005, 11:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the main problem i see is that he could be against a set himself...

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a valid point, but given the action thus far, it's reasonable for hero to assume that his str8 is no longer good, and can only win the hand by representing a boat here.

I think Kane made a ballsy bet, but I think the reason that several posters have said this is a call for the nut flush here is b/c someone w/ a house would likely figure that the river made someone's flush, and then check, knowing that the flusher will bet out, and then go for a CR . . .

[/ QUOTE ]

these players dont think that far. but valid point.
Old 03-14-2005, 02:25 PM

I would bet much more on the turn and shut this hand down without seeing the river. This action just screams flush draw, which it was. I don't want the action to go past the turn, which forces a high-risk play on the river when the heart hits.
Old 03-18-2005, 09:59 AM

Why wouldn't you also possibly put a blocker bet here hoping to get raised if you had a boat? is that a bad line?