Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2005, 07:49 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand
Default Re: THOUGHTS AND RESULTS

[ QUOTE ]
The problem is that I have played my hand consistent with trip 8s

[/ QUOTE ]

You're giving your opponents too much credit for reading you to having a set. Look at the damn board. Is that all you could be representing here? If so, loosen up your betting/raising standards.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, calling has the advantage of giving me a lot of flexibility on how to play the turn since i have not given away my hand at all (not that that may matter much here).

[/ QUOTE ]

Read the above, then read your parenthesis. Cap the flop. There's no reason to get cute on this flop. Especially against your average moronic player.

I think you overthought your hand a little bit.

b
Old 03-03-2005, 07:52 PM

Default Re: Set on a Coordinated Flop

Eh, i go for the C/R here after that kind of action on the flop like this. Though, whiffing on it would be tragic, though, letting them hit their flush isn't a bad strategy either. I may even smooth call it on the turn and go for the nasty C/R on the river. Depends on the overall agression of UTG and MP2.
Old 03-05-2005, 02:42 PM

Preflop call is fine. I would have capped this flop. The only reason I wouldn't have capped the flop would be to checkraise the turn, which I wouldn't do because getting 3-bet on the turn unimproved isn't really what you want. Since you filled up on the turn I would have checkraised for sure.
Old 03-05-2005, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Loose table of medium aggression.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (11 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds.

River: (14 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 16 BB

Was the stop 'n go okay here?

[/ QUOTE ]
I have no problem with it. Unless both of the monkies in the middle would have called. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]