Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2005, 02:58 AM

Default Re: New party NL games = good

[ QUOTE ]
Um.... 10xbb/100 at a .5/1 table (or $100nl) is $20/100 (10xbb/100 is PTbb which is 2x the big blind).

at 80 hands an hour on the 6-max tables that is $16/hr per table

I have no clue how you arrived at $4 an hour.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, that makes those games a little more attractive.
Old 03-04-2005, 05:37 AM

Default Re: Question to Van Sexton

This says it all: [ QUOTE ]
No you don't play this hand differently, and don't post this, its just a bad beat post.

[/ QUOTE ]

But I must say that I'm impressed/amazed/puke ready/shitting my pants/laughed to death by the fact that the dude is calling a 16xBB (S I X T E E N) preflop raise with KJo. Holy crap cake!

Oh wait. It was s00000ted
Old 03-04-2005, 05:51 AM

Default Re: Question to Van Sexton

[ QUOTE ]
This says it all: [ QUOTE ]
No you don't play this hand differently, and don't post this, its just a bad beat post.

[/ QUOTE ]

But I must say that I'm impressed/amazed/puke ready/shitting my pants/laughed to death by the fact that the dude is calling a 16xBB (S I X T E E N) preflop raise with KJo. Holy crap cake!

Oh wait. It was s00000ted

[/ QUOTE ]

This might qualify for worst call of the hour at any given table, but thats about it. At least this guy had face cards.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Playing one table at a time is like watching very fishy paint dry

[/ QUOTE ]

It is seriously difficult for me to play one $25 NL game at a time without starting to play like they do.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:15 AM

"no...no....wait....rebuy please...wait for me!!"

That was my thoughts last night as I watched 3 fish build up 90$+ banks playing 93o into a raise. Unfortunately, I couldnt get dealt a hand to take it from them. It was horrible to watch. I had 16 playable hands out of 327. Horrible, and that includes cold calling a raise with AJo.

Oh well, I made a small profit clearing my bonus. And the cards will come, you just wait.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:34 AM

I've been playing 4 tables of the 1K game tonight.

My own skills need some polishing, but the games seem pretty good. I doubled through twice off someone who flopped top pair versus my overpair, including someone who committed the cardinal sin of calling my preflop raise with AJo.

All the players seemed pretty weak/passive. If I stick to playing with position I think I can beat the game pretty solidly. Which is just as well, because the reason I took a break from SNGs tonight is that I scored 11 out of the money in a row.
Old 03-04-2005, 12:02 PM

Default Question to ChrisV

[ QUOTE ]
My own skills need some polishing, but the games seem pretty good. I doubled through twice off someone who flopped top pair versus my overpair , including someone who committed the cardinal sin of calling my preflop raise with AJo.

[/ QUOTE ]

ChrisV, there as a good post on the SSNL forum about how the deeper stacks remove the fact that this game is no longer just a preflop and flop decision game.

See thread:
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...amp;PHPSESSID=

Anyhow, do you still see these games as Preflop and Flop decisions?
Old 03-04-2005, 12:28 PM

I think, the 1K game is more than that. Put the 25max, there is no need to do anything else but play premium hands. They ALWAYS get paid off.

Before the deep party stacks, my cash game of choice was Paradise 200$max. The players tended to be pretty tight preflop, so it was easy to put them on a hand. I would be willing to call a preflop raise from someone who was overaggressive post flop (and only played AJ+) with 67s. I wouldnt call with AJ though. Basically, try to tag the players who will go to far with TPTK, or high PP, and try to double through them. I dont make these plays often, only under the right circumstances, etc.

That being said this is OPPOSITE of how I play at the 25$party tables. My VP$IP will go from 30% to 15%.
Old 03-04-2005, 12:43 PM

A PLUS,
can you give me a few tips on the 25NL tables. I have never played NL in my life except for SnGs.

So I should just play premium holdings and pais for their set value... how much of a raise should I cal with AK or small to medium pocket pairs with?

I feel like such a fish there but I have 1000 hands to play to clear a Party bonus so I might as well play there now and get paid while I learn...
Old 03-04-2005, 12:46 PM

Default Re: Question to ChrisV

No. The only reason I mentioned the double throughs is that people being willing to lose their stack with TPTK - or in the case of my first 1K double through, TP 7 kicker (!!) - is a pretty good indication that it's a decent game.

The stack depth means that there are going to be important decisions on all streets, which is as it should be.

I didn't like the Party NL games back when they were 50BB because it removed the ability to play speculative hands preflop. If the 1K NL games stay good I may be playing a fair bit of them, especially since I don't really think the $200 sng's are that great anymore. Although that could just be the thoughts of a man who just lost 11 straight of 'em.