Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2005, 05:15 PM

Default Results

I really do see some argument for the flop fold, but based on my reads I have no clue why anyone would fold the turn. BB is a LAG and his actions make no sense to me on the turn other than saying bluff. The UTG who maybe had the ace now only calls which makes no sense either. If I get as far as the turn on this hand I'm going to showdown based on read. I may be being results oriented but I don't think I played it particularly bad and Sarge, I am not just protecting against flush draws [because you can't, I would only help them] and straight draws, I am protecting against people who may just have a lower pair and could still suck out on me on the turn or river with trips or two pair; granted they are drawing thin but I want to increase my chance to win this big pot, thats the way I'm looking at this, but I could be wrong.

Anyway here are the results. BB, if you didnt notice, folded so he was on a complete bluff or he missed his flush.

UTG has Td Js (two pair, aces and tens).
MP1 has Jh Th (two pair, aces and tens).
Hero has Kh Kc (two pair, aces and kings).
Outcome: Hero wins 17.25 BB.
Old 03-02-2005, 08:02 PM

Default Re: Results

Very nice. But I fold on the turn.
Old 03-02-2005, 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I may be being results oriented but I don't think I played it particularly bad

[/ QUOTE ]

It's tough not to be when you win, but in the long run - your going to be shown that case Ace.

At any rate - nice hand

Sarge[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 03-02-2005, 11:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's tough not to be when you win, but in the long run - your going to be shown that case Ace.

At any rate - nice hand

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? If I played it bad how is it a nice hand? Do you think I was OK because of my reads or do you think I should fold this flop pretty much everytime, honestly I want to know. I'd rather not be told I did well when I'm really losing money in the long run.
Old 03-03-2005, 12:22 AM

Fold the flop is 70/30. I'd raise the 30 with the right reads and table image.

Fold the turn is 60/40. The Ace makes it less likely for someone to have an ace. It's a nice semibluff card for someone since it makes a flush draw possible.

I never fold the river. I'd put the river bettor on an ace less than 30% of the time. Even if they are passive.

Krishan
Old 03-03-2005, 12:45 AM

Default Re: Utterly confused with KK

i would fold the flop... 2/4 party every ace is played pretty much... chances are really good with a bet and a call in front of you someone has an ace
Old 03-03-2005, 01:31 AM

if utg didnt bet, id bet and if i were called be done with the hand. since utg bet, id fold, hes betting into a large crowd, one of them being the aggressor.

people just love to play aces; however, if you took the same situation and made it a king as top card on the board and you have qq im more likely to play since kings get played way less often.
Old 03-03-2005, 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

At any rate - nice hand

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? If I played it bad how is it a nice hand? Do you think I was OK because of my reads or do you think I should fold this flop pretty much everytime, honestly I want to know. I'd rather not be told I did well when I'm really losing money in the long run.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think in the long run you'll be folding these hands.

However, if you made a read based on the action of their past behavior, you made the right play - ergo nice hand - or maybe nice read would be more accurate.

Sarge[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]