Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2005, 03:48 PM

Default Re: Are you addicted? 20 questions courtesy of GA

1. Did you ever lose time from work or school due to poker? No, I quit school and my job.
2. Has poker ever made your home life unhappy? No, I have no home life.
3. Did poker affect your reputation? No, I am still considered a dirtbag.
4. Have you ever felt remorse after poker? No, but I felt her sister, Betty Morse.
5. Did you ever play poker to get money with which to pay debts or otherwise solve financial difficulties? Every day.
6. Did poker cause a decrease in your ambition or efficiency? I don't think I can finish this list. Wait, I already answered this.
7. After losing did you feel you must return as soon as possible and win back your losses? Only when I lose.
8. After a win did you have a strong urge to return and win more? Every day.
9. Did you often play poker until your last dollar was gone? Hasn't happened yet.
10. Did you ever borrow to finance your poker? How can you borrow to finance something with a loan? I thought financing was a loan.
11. Have you ever sold anything to finance poker? Yes, but no more street-walking.
12. Were you reluctant to use "poker money" for normal expenditures? Is two-weeks in Hawaii normal?
13. Did poker make you careless of the welfare of yourself or your family? No, we are off welfare.
14. Did you ever play poker longer than you had planned? Just since 1978.
15. Have you ever played poker to escape worry or trouble? Quiet, I'm trying not to think about worries.
16. Have you ever committed, or considered committing, an illegal act to finance poker? Well, not illegal in every state.
17. Did poker cause you to have difficulty in sleeping? ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ....
18. Do arguments, disappointments or frustrations create within you an urge to play poker? What, Shut up, its so frustrating hearing crap like that. I gotta take a break and go to Party.
19. Did you ever have an urge to celebrate any good fortune by a few hours of poker? Yes, I had the good fortune to marry a wonderful lady and I've been playing poker ever since.
20. Have you ever considered self destruction or suicide as a result of your poker? Whoa, NO! But I think I've caused it.

Well, not my best, but I'm multi-tabling right now to get over my depression about not being able to sleep and about that jewelry store heist.

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 02-26-2005, 04:01 PM

were all addicts and we all love it!!!! Let the poker gods shine on us all....
Old 02-26-2005, 09:32 PM

Just checking:

1. Did you ever lose time from work or school due to 2+2?
Yes. I'm keeping myself from the tables right now.

2. Has 2+2 ever made your home life unhappy?
No.

3. Did 2+2 affect your reputation?
Yes.

4. Have you ever felt remorse after 2+2?
No.

5. Did you ever use 2+2 to get money with which to pay debts or otherwise solve financial difficulties?
Yes. It made me a better player

6. Did 2+2 cause a decrease in your ambition or efficiency?
Yes. I'm surfing silly stuff in the Zoo or OOT more than I should be.

7. After losing (an argument on 2+2) did you feel you must return as soon as possible and win back your losses?
Yes. I must put those other posters in their place!!

8. After a win (of an argument on 2+2) did you have a strong urge to return and win more?
Yes. I want to beat my detractors into the ground.

9. Did you often stay on 2+2 until your last dollar was gone?
Ummmmm.....no. Sorry.

10. Did you ever borrow to finance your 2+2?
No.

11. Have you ever sold anything to finance 2+2?
no.

12. Were you reluctant to use "2+2 money" for normal expenditures?
no.

13. Did 2+2 make you careless of the welfare of yourself or your family?
Yes. Again....I spend more time here than I should and it keeps me from the tables.

14. Did you ever stay on 2+2 longer than you had planned?
Yes. right now for example.

15. Have you ever 2+2'ed to escape worry or trouble?
Yes...I think so.

16. Have you ever committed, or considered committing, an illegal act to finance 2+2?
Yes. i've seriously considered inflicting bodily harm on spammers and other trolls.

17. Did 2+2 cause you to have difficulty in sleeping?
Yes....sometimes I stay up later than normal just posting and surfing around.

18. Do arguments, disappointments or frustrations create within you an urge to go to 2+2?
ummmm....no I guess.

19. Did you ever have an urge to celebrate any good fortune by a few hours of 2+2?
no

20. Have you ever considered self destruction or suicide as a result of your poker?
Yes. I think 2+2 is a form of self-destruction in and of itself.

12 yesses.
Old 02-26-2005, 11:01 PM

Only 2 or 3 yes answers for me! No wonder I can't beat anything over .5/1. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 02-27-2005, 12:48 AM

I'm only yes on two of them.

12. Yeah, I don't like to spend my bankroll on other things.
This is one of the questions where putting poker in place of gambling probably isn't a good fit though...for -ev gambling your "gambling money" comes out of the money you would ordinarily spend on other things. In Poker it comes out of your poker winnings (assuming you are a winning player). Since its self generating in poker you aren't robbing your daily expenses by keeping your bankroll inviolate.

14. Of course I've played poker longer than planned. Unless you consider that its always in the back of my mind that I might keep playing longer than my main intention, depending on session conditions.

And maybe yes to 3. My fiance and I have had a few arguments and one major fight about poker. But she's generally pretty supportive of it, so its never been a big deal.

Some of my more interesting nos:

4. No I've never felt remorse about poker. Annoyed and frustrated sometimes, but never remorse. Once I was really down for about an hour but I went to bed and felt fine the next morning.

7. I have a schedule for poker so I know when I'm playing next, I don't feel a compulsion to deviate from that. In fact if anything I would stay away if I felt my mood wasn't positive enough to play well. But I've only done that once, and that time I was about two hours late starting, spent 10 mins on waiting lists and realized I really didn't want to play, so I didn't.

8. Same thing after winning. I know when I'm playing next already. No big deal, I don't need to rush back to the table because I'm aclimated to my schedule.

--Zetack
Old 02-28-2005, 11:20 AM

Thanks for the link. Cat scratching him when he tries to call with A,4s UTG. Hilarious.
Old 02-28-2005, 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]

17. Did poker cause you to have difficulty in sleeping?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but it burns when I pee.
Old 02-28-2005, 12:38 PM

Speaking of addictions, ones that matter, I found a great way last week to quit my major addiction!

If you smoke and want to quit, check out this site ASAP!

http://groups.msn.com/FreedomFromTob...st72hours.msnw

SynEx - Free and Healing for Eight Days, 6 Hours and 36 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 1 Day and 7 Hours, by avoiding the use of 372 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $79.16.
Old 02-28-2005, 02:04 PM

> 1. Did you ever lose time from work or school due to poker?

yes. back when i w*rked, i played all the time while on the clock. so i stopped w*rking

> 2. Has poker ever made your home life unhappy?

i live with other players. one once used my account without my permission and pissed through about 1800. that angered me. another isn't that winning a player and constantly was late on rent.

> 3. Did poker affect your reputation?

yeah. now i have a "cool" job. ladies?

> 4. Have you ever felt remorse after poker?

only when i get broke trying to step up too fast.

> 5. Did you ever play poker to get money with which to pay debts or otherwise solve financial difficulties?

non serious question. insert non serious response

> 6. Did poker cause a decrease in your ambition or efficiency?

see my answer to #1. i used to play all the time at my real j*b.

> 7. After losing did you feel you must return as soon as possible and win back your losses?

irrelevant question.

> 8. After a win did you have a strong urge to return and win more?

irrelevant question

> 9. Did you often play poker until your last dollar was gone?

yes. and also my fpp's and ub points. and play money until i could get a stake.

> 10. Did you ever borrow to finance your poker?

yeah, but i always pay back more than 100%

> 11. Have you ever sold anything to finance poker?

a serious question i can answer no to. how lucky.

> 12. Were you reluctant to use "poker money" for normal expenditures?

Obviously, you haven't heard of the cash out curse.

> 13. Did poker make you careless of the welfare of yourself or your family?

only in the sense that i've given up so much sleep to this game.

> 14. Did you ever play poker longer than you had planned?

irrelevant question.

> 15. Have you ever played poker to escape worry or trouble?

that's actually specifically why i play. otherwise i'd have to you know, be a productive member of society.

> 16. Have you ever committed, or considered committing, an illegal act to finance poker?

whew, another real one i can say no to.

> 17. Did poker cause you to have difficulty in sleeping?

i've never not been able to sleep because of a big loss or been too pumped up after a big win. but there's been plenty of times where i just couldn't fall asleep so went back to the tables.

> 18. Do arguments, disappointments or frustrations create within you an urge to play poker?

yes. my girlfriend w*rks full time and goes to school, thus has little time for me. Often, i'll find myself saying "fine, you don't wanna see me? i'll just gamble."

> 19. Did you ever have an urge to celebrate any good fortune by a few hours of poker?

does breathing count as good fortune? actually the first thing that popped into my mind was the last final i took (either linear algebra or algorithms, i forget.), i completely aced. I was back on the tables inside a half hour.

> 20. Have you ever considered self destruction or suicide as a result of your poker?

suicide? no. well, i've said "i wish i was dead" at least once for every set that's ever been cracked in big bet, but that's not real. self destructive's a lot trickier. i'm a recovering alcoholic, so i used to get ultra drunk after any losing session and just wallow in my sorrows. but i used to get ultra drunk after every winning session to celebrate. so i'm not sure that has anything to do with poker. however, i have been known to punch holes in my wall (drunk or not) after particularly bad beats. and i've always figured that if you're gonna punch a wall, you really shouldn't stop until you see blood. but even this is mostly in the past.

I scored a lot higher on the AA test. the way i see it, the only relavent questions are 2, 4, 11, 13, 16, and 20. and the more you answer yes, the more money you're losing. i answered flippantly but seriously to two of them, but i'm in action, so i'm in the clear.

I've categorized questions 3, 5, 7, 8, 12, 14, 15, 17, 18, and 19 as "Are you a poker player." and questions 9 and 10 as "have you been playing long?" anyone think i've miscategorized?