Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2005, 09:02 PM

Default Re: 15/30 Bankroll question

Stoxtrader plays in the 15 and the 30 game, and I have little doubt he can make 400 8-tabling 15 games.
Old 02-19-2005, 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I ain't "rollin' up a stake and headin' to Vegas" anytime soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Playing party 15/30 with a 5k bankroll is doing just that.

-Brad
Old 02-19-2005, 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I ain't "rollin' up a stake and headin' to Vegas" anytime soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Playing party 15/30 with a 5k bankroll is doing just that.

-Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

I can beat the game Brad, I swear I'm good enough to sit at those tables. Surely my chances are better at the party 15 than HU against God's gift to online poker, stoxbroker, who manages a tidy 13BB/hour at the same tables.
Old 02-19-2005, 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Stoxtrader plays in the 15 and the 30 game, and I have little doubt he can make 400 8-tabling 15 games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man that would be cool to watch someone play 8 15/30 tables at once. Ever been in a hand on all 8 tables at the same time?
Old 02-19-2005, 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can beat the game Brad, I swear I'm good enough to sit at those tables. Surely my chances are better at the party 15 than HU against God's gift to online poker, stoxbroker, who manages a tidy 13BB/hour at the same tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hes quoting you a 1.667bb/100 hands while 8 tabling, a very achievable winrate. Im not saying that you dont beat the game, what I am saying is that variance will break your 5k bankroll at some point no matter how good a poker player you are.

-Brad
Old 02-19-2005, 10:42 PM

With a winrate that small, you are almost assured to go broke at some point with a 5k bankroll at 15-30. In fact with even a really good win rate/ standard deviation ratio one will very likely go broke at some point with that bankroll.

-ActionBob
Old 02-19-2005, 10:55 PM

OK, maybe i should take a little off but you really think neteller is that much safer than party? I am not being a sarcastic twoplustwoer i want to know. I mean if it is I will with draw. The main reason is mental, i don't want to ever have to redepoist so i take off everything over 30 each week, but i want to be able to know if things go horrible i still have over 700 bets to play with. If this is too much how much would you say will give me a 400+BB custion if things go bad? 18, 20? how much?
Dave
Old 02-19-2005, 11:00 PM

I haven't ran the #'s, but I would guess his RoR is in the 25-35% range.
Old 02-19-2005, 11:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OK, maybe i should take a little off but you really think neteller is that much safer than party? I am not being a sarcastic twoplustwoer i want to know. I mean if it is I will with draw. The main reason is mental, i don't want to ever have to redepoist so i take off everything over 30 each week, but i want to be able to know if things go horrible i still have over 700 bets to play with. If this is too much how much would you say will give me a 400+BB custion if things go bad? 18, 20? how much?
Dave

[/ QUOTE ]

Neteller is pretty secure and I doubt you have much to worry about at Party Poker either. Its the smaller sites that I wouldnt keep anymore than 4 or 5K in.

I used to be the same way about the mental aspect of having your entire roll on the site, I now keep about 150 BB's on my site and it doesnt bother me becuase I know the rest is just a few clicks away. It just took a few days getting used to.
Old 02-20-2005, 03:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dave

[/ QUOTE ]

Neteller is pretty secure and I doubt you have much to worry about at Party Poker either. Its the smaller sites that I wouldnt keep anymore than 4 or 5K in.

I used to be the same way about the mental aspect of having your entire roll on the site, I now keep about 150 BB's on my site and it doesnt bother me becuase I know the rest is just a few clicks away. It just took a few days getting used to.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's really my point.

Money is money whether it's on Party or not. I have a good sense of how much I earn and understand that I'm going to have to redeposit sometimes if I don't leave a ton of money online, so having to redeposit doesn't plunge me into some spiritual crisis when I do it, but it does allow me to earn interest in a money market.

scrub