Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2005, 05:23 PM

Default Re: Jeez Louise

Y'all need to stop and read the threads that are out there instead of just posting hand after hand. There are like 20% of the hands in the top 3 pages with zero-two responses and like 10-20 total views.

What happened to 'props to Bisonbison's hand coverter'!?!?
Old 02-17-2005, 05:48 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

I agree. It seems many think they have to have a hand posted to learn or get anything from it. Many seem to be afraid to be called on their shitty advice. That's one of the quickest ways to learn it. Yes, ones ego may take a beating. So what?

[ QUOTE ]
These are poker hands, the discussion doesn't become invalid or "old" after a few years, let alone a few hours.

[/ QUOTE ]

Makes me long for the time when our old threads would still be going strong after a week. Now they seem to have a 2 day lifespan. Typically, when I see 5+ posts from 1 poster right next to each other, barraging the forum,I skip em all. Just like I skip the ones that post 4+ complete hands in 1 post. Except I'd give more consideration for the latter.

I also tend to look at posts more that are posted by posters who are more involved than just in their own threads. Meaning, familiarity with knowing the poster will be more likely to be involved with his thread as he is with others. Back in the day, we were so involved in each others threads we didn't have time to post 10-20 hands a day.

Not to mention, many times the same 'type' of hand/concept is already posted in those few hours. If some just took the time to look, they can save the time typing out their hand and just join in that discussion that could be well ahead of starting a whole nother thread about it. *lightbulb clicks on*

*LB*= Maybe it was because back then we had to type out our HH (among many other things) that we were more selective. Obviously more thought goes into them when you have to type them yourself as you have to remember a bit more, or you actually try to remember more. Now with the converters, you can just cut and paste them that much faster and not really have to 'worry' about taking the time to look for a hand similar. hmm. Maybe, maybe not.

Bobbyi and me were talking the other day about the lack of quality on the boards from what it used to be. Due to the volume, as you're pointing out, many great threads are buried by the normal, run of the mill, look at my hand even though someone posted it 30 posts down with a good discussion already going threads.

Sometimes it's like watching moss grow in your yard. Their are still good threads, likely the same amount as before, but they are overrun by even much more crap.

Here's hoping this thread is like mosskiller and will let the lush grass grow a bit more.

Im not holding my breath.

b
Old 02-17-2005, 07:16 PM

Well, an hour and a half since the last reply, and it's already on the third page. Hmmm....
Old 02-17-2005, 08:26 PM

Bump. SHEESH.
Old 02-17-2005, 08:27 PM

You must be viewing in threaded mode. I recommend flat mode. You get 26 threads per page that way.
Old 02-17-2005, 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You must be viewing in threaded mode. I recommend flat mode. You get 26 threads per page that way.

[/ QUOTE ]

While you're there (My Home -> Display preferences)

Change "Total parent posts to show per page:" to 50.
Old 02-17-2005, 09:01 PM

While we're on the topic, do you recommend reading others responses before posting one of your own? A lot of time I feel like I find an interesting hand, and read the responses before posting, then can't find anything unique to say because the other responses have already influenced me. Do most people mind potentially duplicate reponses?

Freakin
Old 02-17-2005, 09:06 PM

I do it both ways, depending on how much time I have.

Look at it like this, if you post a duplicate response, what's the harm?
Old 02-17-2005, 09:08 PM

I miss the days when Bernie would say , "it depends" and then everyone would yell at him. Then he would get really pissed off and quit the forum.

Just kidding Bernie, I'm glad you came back.
Old 02-17-2005, 09:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

While you're there (My Home -> Display preferences)

Change "Total parent posts to show per page:" to 50.

[/ QUOTE ]

50? Wowie!

(oh, and I was set to 20/page)