Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2005, 04:57 PM

Default Re: Long streak with no playable hands?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
all I know is that if I fold the next 50 hands and I have a VPIP of 18%, then I'll get 36 playable hands in the next 50 I'm dealt. Right?

[/ QUOTE ]

The number of people on this board who can't grasp a simple concept like this astounds me. I'm starting to employ a very profitable strategy of grabbing the seats of people who've been on a cold streak as soon as they get up, and playing through the inevitable subsequent run of good hands that get dealt to that spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, I'm going to reveal how I've been able to stay a +3BB/100 winner at the 1/2 full ring game. This is tricky strategy that takes a lot of discipline so be forewarned -

1) Open up a table of .50/1

2) Fold out the next 50 hands irregardless of what you have. AA after 5 limpers? Fold. AK in the CO with everyone folded to you. Fold. 67s in the big blind with a raises and 4 cold-callers. Fold. This step is immediately important.

3) After dumping 50 straight hands, jump off and move to a 1/2 table.

4) Now you should be getting good cards. If you're VPIP was like 16% before, you know should get 32 good hands to play in the next 50 since you folded the previous 50. But since you're at a higher level, the stakes double and you can make more at 1/2 than you could've playing those cards at .50/1.

5) Rinse, repeat. Voila!
Old 02-11-2005, 05:08 PM

I hope you use the chat window to tell everyone what your holding before you fold your AA pf. That way they'll really fear you when you actually stay in a hand.
Old 02-11-2005, 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hope you use the chat window to tell everyone what your holding before you fold your AA pf. That way they'll really fear you when you actually stay in a hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like to say something like, "One of you fish is probably going to river me with this hand. I'd rather have 67s with 5 of you rather than AA"
Old 02-11-2005, 10:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay, I'm going to reveal how I've been able to stay a +3BB/100 winner at the 1/2 full ring game. This is tricky strategy that takes a lot of discipline so be forewarned -

1) Open up a table of .50/1

2) Fold out the next 50 hands irregardless of what you have. AA after 5 limpers? Fold. AK in the CO with everyone folded to you. Fold. 67s in the big blind with a raises and 4 cold-callers. Fold. This step is immediately important.

3) After dumping 50 straight hands, jump off and move to a 1/2 table.

4) Now you should be getting good cards. If you're VPIP was like 16% before, you know should get 32 good hands to play in the next 50 since you folded the previous 50. But since you're at a higher level, the stakes double and you can make more at 1/2 than you could've playing those cards at .50/1.

5) Rinse, repeat. Voila!

[/ QUOTE ]

I've got to call you out on this Davelin because it's plainly a flawed strategy. Clearly the most +EV option is to fold nineteen million consecutive hands at .01/.02 and then play one orbit of 4000/8000. How could a player of your expertise not realise this? Reread SSH.