Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2005, 04:53 PM

Default Re: EAGLES -4.5

[ QUOTE ]
I'm from Missouri when it comes to Philly....they gotta show me before I believe.

[/ QUOTE ]

My Grandfather used to say that all the time.

What I'm confused about is what makes a good snow team? Is it running or passing? I mean the Steelers and the Falcons are the clearly dominate running teams does this mean they have the most advantage in the snow? Do the Patriots ever lose in the snow? Will it come down to the better kickers in the snow?

I hate when the weather takes over the games. There is never a clear choice. Which means no big bets [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 01-19-2005, 05:06 PM

all i know is that the line keeps leaning against philly. i waited too long when it was at -4.5 but i got it at -5... not really a big difference but now it's at -5.5. i think it'll be between 6 or 7 come game time but that's a total guess. they really don't know what the weather is gonna be like. i'm from around philly and they're calling for a possible monster - approx. 10 inches on sunday. the city is gonna be right on the line of snow/rain so they don't know anything for sure just yet. the field should be ok though cause i doubt the tarp will come off until game time and they have a heating system under the field to melt the snow. i think if you're betting atlanta, you should wait and if you're betting the birds, get it in now while you can.

peace - jeff
Old 01-19-2005, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
all i know is that the line keeps leaning against philly. i waited too long when it was at -4.5 but i got it at -5... not really a big difference but now it's at -5.5. i think it'll be between 6 or 7 come game time but that's a total guess. they really don't know what the weather is gonna be like. i'm from around philly and they're calling for a possible monster - approx. 10 inches on sunday. the city is gonna be right on the line of snow/rain so they don't know anything for sure just yet. the field should be ok though cause i doubt the tarp will come off until game time and they have a heating system under the field to melt the snow. i think if you're betting atlanta, you should wait and if you're betting the birds, get it in now while you can.

peace - jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

The o/u is moving too. I know CCx grabbed it at 42. I grabbed it last night at 41 as soon as I saw that it was moving. Now it's at 39. With the weather a big factor now, is 36 or 37 out of the question? I'd grab this now while it's still in the high 30's.
Old 01-19-2005, 05:37 PM

So that's what is going on. I logged into Canbet today and they had taken thel ine down.
Old 01-19-2005, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So that's what is going on. I logged into Canbet today and they had taken thel ine down.

[/ QUOTE ]

If what mr pink said was right, I'm guessing it's all because of the weather. If they're right on the line of getting 10" of snow or rain, I can definitely see them pulling it down until they find out what's up.

If Philly gets pelted with snow, I wouldn't doubt if we saw a 14-10 score. Atlanta is good, but just how mobile can they be playing in a couple inches of snow? That could drop the score a lot.

Get on the under while you can!
Old 01-19-2005, 07:07 PM

it's going to be a monster - the weekend will not be fun, again my advice is if you're going under, get it soon - i am privileged to have information that clued me in weeks ago to this storm, so i hopped onto the under right when it came out, and even more after things became crystal clear...it's heading down to 38.5 in some places, tomorrow it will be lower - if you're going under, get it now, 38 is a key number (24-14, 27-10, 21-17, 20-17, etc.)

good luck everyone, and pray for me to find a way to the bar on sunday [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-19-2005, 08:03 PM

P.S. the wind will be more of a signifcant factor for sunday's game than the snow will - they can clear the field even if the snow is a major problem during the game, but the wind is going to be very, very cold and blowing its ass off - just a nasty weekend, number keeps dropping!
Old 01-19-2005, 09:16 PM

I am so scared that I'll lose power on Sunday and miss our long awaited trip the the big one. I hope the storm doesn't hit.
Old 01-19-2005, 09:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hope the storm doesn't hit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont get your hopes up, lol - hope your power stays on ..mine's usually pretty good in these things, but you never know - had plans to go to the bar with friends, and can get *TO* a septa station, just cant get back from said station on the way home....will have plenty of backup beer on hand in case im stuck here
Old 01-20-2005, 09:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i am privileged to have information that clued me in weeks ago to this storm

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sleeping with mother nature? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I can't see a ten inch snow fall on an Ohio Valley storm, maybe a Noreaster but an Ohio Valley seems like the weather will be worse in Pittsburgh than Philly. No mother nature sex, just 27 years experience of snow storms in PA.