Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2005, 08:41 PM

Default Re: Ever do this during a \'down swing\' ???

Yes it's a great idea. When you're finished doing that you can go beat up the roulette wheel.

Seriously though, if you're confident you're beating .5/1 then who cares if you're on a downswing or not?

If you're confident that you're beating .5/1 and you have the bankroll for 2/4, then move up.
Old 01-14-2005, 08:58 PM

I do the opposite of this.
If I drop 100BB or more and feel my confidence is waning or my game might be inferior then I will drop down a limit or two until I feel comfortable (bankroll wise and confidence-wise) to play again at the higher limit.

Doing it the way you suggest seems pretty stupid.
I believe that dropping down limits after a short-term losing skid has some validity though.

For similar reasons, I have no real issues with taking an occasional shot at a higher limit with the gains made from a short-term win....just as long as you don't get too carried away with it. If you do, then you are just going to find a way to give all your money back.
Old 01-14-2005, 09:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

For similar reasons, I have no real issues with taking an occasional shot at a higher limit with the gains made from a short-term win....just as long as you don't get too carried away with it. If you do, then you are just going to find a way to give all your money back.

[/ QUOTE ]

can you detail an example? I really want to do this, but obviously don't have the sack for it... You are a respected poster, perhaps if you can do this, I can...
Old 01-14-2005, 11:02 PM

I use this system when I play roulette. I bet $5, then if I lose I bet $10. I keep doubling my bet until I win, because I can't keep losing, right?
Old 01-14-2005, 11:10 PM

If you have been intending on trying 15/30 and have 300-400BB or so and are sketchy about moving up you can try to take a shot at a higher level. even for a couple of orbits if you like.
If you drop 50BB or so then you drop back down and re-build.

Nothing too scientific. And I've been getting my ass kicked lately so I'm not sure anyone should listen to me anyway.

The idea of just 'taking a shot' at a higher level wasn't exactly invented by me...there are other threads on it.

It feels like I'm responding to someone completely different just because of that damn avatar-change.
I thought your old avatar was pretty gay....but now I'm in the camp of those who miss it.
Old 01-14-2005, 11:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I thought your old avatar was pretty gay....but now I'm in the camp of those who miss it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well anyone with a housecat as their avatar is surely the authority on what's gay.
Old 01-14-2005, 11:45 PM

there is no guarantee you will or can beat the higher limit.
Old 01-14-2005, 11:52 PM

As the others have said your thinking is flawed...swings happen, it's part of the game. I'm in the midst of a six week losing streak myself, bonuses and rakeback have kept my head above water but it has been a very frustrating ordeal.

When you start thinking that you should move up to win back your losses is the time you should probably take a break and get away from the game. After a horrible run last night chasing the stupid BBJ at Party I've decided to stop playing for a couple weeks to get my focus back, I recommend something similar for you as well.

Peace,
J
Old 01-14-2005, 11:57 PM

ZING!!!
Old 01-15-2005, 05:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I use this system when I play roulette. I bet $5, then if I lose I bet $10. I keep doubling my bet until I win, because I can't keep losing, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, that's what I used to think.
(I know you're being sarcastic)