Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2005, 07:51 PM

Default Re: Left-handed Zaratustra

"The things you find "left wing" (e.g. fuller perspective abt 9/11"
****When violence occurs, I believe in a 'cave man' foreign policy. Also called "gunboat diplomacy". If someone hits you with a club, get a bigger club and beat them into a pulp where they can never threaten you. This formula has worked for thousands of years. Human nature has not changed and therfore I argue that cave man diplomacy is still effective. Islamo-fascists crossed the line on 9/11 and I'm an advocate for heavy-handed tactics as a response. And I have ZERO desire to learn what motivated them to attack on 9/11. Only to hurt them so bad that they either FEAR to try again...or are UNABLE to try again... I'd rather use too much force than to use too little and have to apply a second dose. This is straight from Machivelli's "The Prince".

"refusal to accept the Bible as official policy;"
****I seems that many of the left have an overblown paranoia of elected officials being religious and expressing their views. I am an atheist and yet I have ZERO problem and nor fear of Bush43 expressing his beliefs.... Most religious people are just religious on Sundays and the rest of the week they do what they want. When I was in school, one of the philosophy professors I knew to be an atheist went to Charismatic Christian Retreats(sp? it is the sect that believes in speaking in tongues), and he claimed it was a great place to get laid [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] .

"and then get flak for being a left-winger on the grounds that I do not believe all Muslims are monsters"
*****Of course not ALL Muslims are monsters. At most, it is only 99% [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
But seriously, muslims may not be born "monsters" but their education system are largely glorified brain-washing factories that teach superiority/hatred for non-muslims. Any child raised in these brain washing factories has little chance of becoming a rational adult.... And yes, a large number of them grow up to be monsters. And the US encounter some of these monsters on 9/11.

"..As to the German philosopher, I hope you have not fallen for the standard trap, where the reader takes him for an elitist. The disdain he felt for the "sheep" was because his work was misunderstood and religion had a firm hold on people's minds. "
****I'm not sure what you mean by elitist. He was definately not a Nazi rascist, as some ignorantly try to paint Nietzsche. Even Victor Frankl, who wrote "Man's Search for Meaning" and survivor of a Nazi concentration camp, admired Nietzsche. He definately was very judgemental about certain beliefs and made his opinions known which beliefs he thought were superior (and therefore healthier).

"And his Superman is quite unlike what most people understood."
****The word ubermensch is difficult to translate accurately in English. For Nietzsche, becoming an ubermensch was an intellectual process requiring a "re-evaluation of values". Keeping what was healthy and discarding what was not healthy. Woody Allen has a scene in one of his movies where he talks about this.
Old 01-15-2005, 07:58 PM

Default Re: Whatever they have prescribed for you

Being a conservative is the antithesis of being a Nietzschean.

Truth is determined by power relationships. Your opinions are those that benfit the rich and powerfull.

Puppets cant be Nietzschean.

Your thinking is as free as a padlock.
Old 01-15-2005, 09:26 PM

Default Re: Prince Harry wore Nazi uniform to party

[ QUOTE ]
What is the big deal? It was a costume nothing more...He isn't a Nazi, so what is the issue here? It is just a costume, don't be so superficial to let an article of clothing offend you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed!

Stu
Old 01-15-2005, 11:27 PM

"Being a conservative is the antithesis of being a Nietzschean."
****Care to back that up or do you wish to concede you don't know what your talking about?

"Truth is determined by power relationships."
*****LOL....Sorry I only speak ENGLISH. Save that babble talk for someone who might be impressed by it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

"Puppets cant be Nietzschean."
***Ahhhhhh....so if someone disagrees with you opinion then they MUST be a puppet. That is very open-minded of you. Have pity on those of us who aren't as smart as you. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

"Your thinking is as free as a padlock."
Wow.....what a compelling argument. How I can I argue with such "logic". [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-16-2005, 12:02 AM

"Being a conservative is the antithesis of being a Nietzschean."
****Care to back that up or do you wish to concede you don't know what your talking about?

EXACTLY..reading this board actually is quite depressing at times....
Old 01-16-2005, 01:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Truth is determined by power relationships. Your opinions are those that benfit the rich and powerfull.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Your thinking is as free as a padlock.

[/ QUOTE ]

Irony at its finest. Which Chomsky tract did you lift that from?
Old 01-16-2005, 04:53 AM

Default Please get psychological help

Anyone that thinks that genocide is funny is a psychopath.
Old 01-16-2005, 08:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"Truth is determined by power relationships."

[/ QUOTE ]

This is perhaps one of the most central tentants of Nietzsches thinking e.g. those with power determine what is "True" because there is no transcendental truth. The herd follow this truth.

If you dont understand this then you are totaly ignorant of the work of your namesake.

As regards being a conservative. Please explain how one seeks to conserve the status quo and is a exponont of Nietzsches thought at the same time. Its a laughable idea.

In short your "ideas" that you express are just an expression of a power relationship that has rendered you powerless and seeking to conserve the status quo (to the benefit of men more powerfull than yourself). This is the exact opposite to how the Nietzschean man should seek to live.

How would a conservative have us live?

1. Goto school like a good boy.
2. Get a job
3. Get married like a man.
4. Have Kids
5. Die.

Conservatives want us to observe and obey social norms. If you cant see how this is radicaly opposed to Nietzsches opus then I retract puppet and offer muppet in its stead.

[ QUOTE ]
Which Chomsky tract did you lift that from?

[/ QUOTE ]

The irony here is the laughable one that I would lift from Chomskey in a discusion about Nietzche. Any one with a understanding of Philosophy and critical theory would no that these to thinkers couldnt be more unalike.

As evinced by the infamous debates between Chomskey and Foulcaut (The contempry thinker most influenced by Nietzsche) in the 80s and 90s.
Old 01-16-2005, 09:31 AM

If you think that the future King of England dressibng as a Nazi is superficial, then you have no understanding of history, fascism, nor ethics. Britain gave a generation in blood to defeat the Nazis.

We all know that Stu is a fascist, and enjoys the idea of using napalm on Iraqi children. He only approves of this as long as he isn't anywhere within 5000 miles of the actual combat zone, The Neocons are fascists. I'd bet that you are as well.
Old 01-16-2005, 09:35 AM

You probably thought objecting to the yellow star of David that Jews were forced to wear on their clothing was an overreaction. Once again, you reinforce your previous persona of a chicken hawk fascist that hates the USA and the Constitution.