Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2005, 08:17 PM

Default Re: partypoker stopping opening of multiple accounts on skins?

Well, you didn't really have to ask, did you? The fact that you have to go through convolutions like deleting a registry key says they make at least a rudimentary software effort to prevent it. It's probably part of the franchise agreement, to stop the skins from stealing customers from each other. But the fact is, it's in the skin's interest where you play not to catch you. So, as long as we don't call too much attention to it, they'll probably go on like they are and let us get away with it.
Old 01-13-2005, 08:26 PM

they have always SAID they don't allow it....this isn't new.

anytime you are playing on both party and empire they can see that you are playing on both skins. they don't care...they just want to make it a little more difficult to do it so that EVERYONE doesn't take advantage ad get the various bonuses.

Obviously if you try to sit at a table with yourself (via another skin) it detects that you are same player and won't let you sit there.

sometimes they'll see the new account at a skin and temporarily freeze-it and ask you to call them. when you do, they tell you that they see that you already have an account at party....all you have to do is say that you wanted to play the MTT's at intertops or that you wanted to sports-bet there or that you wanted to play more than 4 tables or that you liked their table-colors better, or that your new religion prohibits you from playing poker on a skin with the first letter of P, E, M or C/E and that only leaves I for Intertops.

asking the people at euro will not accomplish anything and you'll just get the same answer that they have been giving for several months.

this goes more in the 'unwritten but obvious' policy department.

with the possibility that they might be checking your e-mail now, it does not look to me that there is evidence in this thread of anything new taking place regarding signing-up at skins.
Old 01-13-2005, 08:46 PM

Bob,

Thanks for the reply.

I'm just going to try it and see what happens.

gm
Old 01-13-2005, 08:48 PM

No, like a year ago you were allowed to.
Old 01-14-2005, 02:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm actually having similar problems to pink's right now. I have a party account, and I'm trying to sign up at Empire and Eurobet. I did the regedit fix, and it didn't work ("blah blah you have multiple accounts"). I tried reinstalling, it didn't work. I tried new email addresses, account names, and so on. And it still didn't work. Anyone have any thoughts on what might be wrong still?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm having the same problems right now
Old 01-14-2005, 03:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
sometimes they'll see the new account at a skin and temporarily freeze-it and ask you to call them. when you do, they tell you that they see that you already have an account at party....all you have to do is say that you wanted to play the MTT's at intertops or that you wanted to sports-bet there or that you wanted to play more than 4 tables or that you liked their table-colors better, or that your new religion prohibits you from playing poker on a skin with the first letter of P, E, M or C/E and that only leaves I for Intertops.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then what? They let you keep it or no?

I also see nothing new in this thread, however I've always been paranoid about getting caught and have yet to sign up for empire, though I was planning on doing it real soon. Any advice?

Also, which skin should I sign up at? Multi had the biggest sign up bonus... should I sign up for all of them?
Old 01-14-2005, 04:22 AM

I would sign up for as many as you can get and do all the boni one at a time. Multi has the biggest via pokerlistings.com but the requirement is somewhat stiffer with 10x raked hands.

If you do not want to sign up on all of them I`d recommend getting a rake back deal for Empire (have a decent look at the classifieds of this board, there also some overview sites listed there) where you should be able to get a decent deal. Empire has some of the best rake back deals and also frequently offers reloads. Multi hasn't offered anything the last 3 months (and doesn't do rake back, I think).

You can also do the sign up bonus if you have a rake back deal but I think the bonus would then be deducted from your rake back which seems fair enough. On lower limits boni beat the rake back by far anyway.

If you want to sign up all skins, the best strategy would be to get a good rake back on a skin that does not offer many boni.
Old 01-14-2005, 04:31 AM

I have now confirmed that this does not work... at least for me.

I opened a Eurobet with a different email and phone (but same address and name) and it refuses to allow me to log in, giving the "we share tables with other sites" message.

Apparently some people have done this successfully in the last couple days, tho.

What gives?
Old 01-14-2005, 09:25 AM

bump
Old 01-14-2005, 10:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have now confirmed that this does not work... at least for me.

I opened a Eurobet with a different email and phone (but same address and name) and it refuses to allow me to log in, giving the "we share tables with other sites" message.

Apparently some people have done this successfully in the last couple days, tho.

What gives?

[/ QUOTE ]
I had accounts on Party, Empire and PokerNow (all using the same address/email/Neteller). I just added Eurobet Wednesday (thanks to help from Inthacup) and can login and play on there fine.

I tried adding MultiPoker and Intertops yesterday. Before installing them, I removed the UCID regkey. With Intertops, I was able to create an account but I can't sign in -- I get the same "share tables" error message as above.

With MultiPoker, I could not even create an account using my main poker system. I installed MultiPoker on another computer at home and was able to create an accont and login using it. After doing so, when I go back to my primary system and try to login to Multi, it just hangs.

I then tried steps similar to what crockett posted here without success.

Any ideas?

Dave