Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2005, 05:15 PM

Default Re: Foreign languages at the tables?

[ QUOTE ]
This morning, I was playing on a couple different tables with several scandanavians on them and noticed them occasionally speaking in their native language. One player requested english only and took some heat for pointing it out; I wasn't too thrilled either and was glad she stood her ground. This ended it on that table but a few minutes later it happened again on another table. It was my last hand before leaving so I didn't say anything about it.

What are your experiences with this? Does it bother you? Do you really think people would be so brazen as to collude in any language right in the chatbox?

FWIW- one of the guys called out by the other player said they were talking about a dentists appointment.

[/ QUOTE ]

It bothers me. I'm sure they're not trying to cheat in most cases, but you can never be sure. Also, there are times people say illegal things in English (something like, CALL, he missed his draw), probably due to not knowing the rules or not caring. Assuming people speaking another language are about as likely to do that, a problem probably does get missed now and then. I realize that one shouldn't expect the whole world to be based on English, but since these sites have specified it as the language that must be used in chat, those are the rules that need to be followed there.