Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2005, 10:31 AM

Default Re: 2004 TV Poker Hand of the Year. What is your pick?

A read is not some 100% deal.
I think he made an excellent deal, and put Hellmuth on AA with quite high certainity. But had to make the call, after all the read wasn't 100% and he could be wrong. But you could see it in Chip's eyes that he had a VERY bad feeling about the hand.
Old 01-06-2005, 01:39 AM

Not really that great a read. Ive made the same on numerous occasions. Luske has Aq, reraises from somewhat early position preflop, and YA(whose name is David Troung, i gut I know casually) pushes on him. Doesn't take a genius to figure out KK is WAY more likely than AA, and QQ is altogether unlikely.
Old 01-06-2005, 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Not really that great a read. Ive made the same on numerous occasions. Luske has Aq, reraises from somewhat early position preflop, and YA(whose name is David Troung, i gut I know casually) pushes on him. Doesn't take a genius to figure out KK is WAY more likely than AA, and QQ is altogether unlikely.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought Luske had AJ...
Old 01-06-2005, 02:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought Luske had AJ...

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep, Luske had AJ.

Possible hands Truong could've been put on were KK, QQ, AK. AQ not very likely, since there'd be no reason for Truong to play them so strong. AA & JJ are less likely, since Luske is already holding one of the A & J.

It was a good read by Luske. Fluke or not, he had him.
Old 01-06-2005, 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that it wasn't a great read but it was a good read. But that wasn't why I chose it as my favorite hand. It was the whole interaction of the dialogue between the two which gave the viewers some insight into the psychology of Poker. After that dialogue, by looking at the expressions of the two you would have thought that Troung lost the hand.

Luske, imo, gained a huge psychological edge over him due to that exchange. That was the part that I loved.
Old 01-06-2005, 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone else impressed by Arieh laying down his K high flush after murph led out with a push when he hit his boat at the main event??

I couldnt fold there, and that push had to be the bonehead play of the WSOP (that and the 55 call/check)

[/ QUOTE ]

I liked most of what I saw from Murphy during the broadcasts, but this all in was complete vomit.
Old 01-06-2005, 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that it wasn't a great read but it was a good read. But that wasn't why I chose it as my favorite hand. It was the whole interaction of the dialogue between the two which gave the viewers some insight into the psychology of Poker. After that dialogue, by looking at the expressions of the two you would have thought that Troung lost the hand.

Luske, imo, gained a huge psychological edge over him due to that exchange. That was the part that I loved.

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt it. David isn't fazed by much. He figured the same thing I did,(his friend told me as much later), It was a nice exchange though, I agree.
Old 01-06-2005, 02:05 PM

Did he push??...I seem to remember him reraising...maybe Im wrong. Nice read either way. I Truong said that didnt miff him he is flat out lying.. IMHO.
Old 01-06-2005, 03:38 PM

Just mentioned, but I was most impressed by Areih folding the K high flush vs. Murphy's boat. He hit and still knew...that is a very nice play.

Daniel vs. Deeb was just amazing. Those two get my vote.
Old 01-06-2005, 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did he push??...I seem to remember him reraising...maybe Im wrong. Nice read either way. I Truong said that didnt miff him he is flat out lying.. IMHO.

[/ QUOTE ]
Truong bet it to open up the pot, Luske raised to 70 000, and Truong re-raised to around 200 000, IIRC. He definitely pushed.