Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2005, 07:18 PM

Default Re: First time to Borgata

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
By the way, I've noticed quite an increase in the quality of the foxwoods people, especially the dealers. Over the summer drinks seemed to take longer, and the dealers generally awarded a pot to the wrong person and had a misdeal every time I went. They also can all speak english these days, back then I felt like they were all asian and couldnt. Anyway...

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, I'm not alone on this. I found that the staff got much better around the big tournament. It was a mess during the tournament with all the people in from the pit, but it seems like after the crowds died down, they got got rid of the crap and kept the good people. Some of the floors are still dicks, but in general the dealers are much better. When I was going in the early fall, it seemed the floor was called for the dealer dropping the deck before the river was dealt on every trip. I haven't seen that happen in quite a while.

As an aside, do the dealers have to call the floor when this happens? I'd think they'd know what the rule is, but I've never seen a dealer just shuffle the stub and muck and deal the river without calling the floor first.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the two trips I've made up there while I've been visiting my folks, the dealers have been better but the floor and people manning the board have been as bad if not worse.

scrub
Old 04-12-2005, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Used to foxwoods 2/4, 4/8. ..(probably gonna do 6/12, it sounds comparable)

[/ QUOTE ]
Are the games at the Borgata generally considered softer than at Foxwoods? (I haven't been to either place yet. I've only played .5/1 online and am running about 3BB/100. I was thinking about waiting until I could play OK at at least 1/2 online before I tried a B&M.)
Old 04-12-2005, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Used to foxwoods 2/4, 4/8. ..(probably gonna do 6/12, it sounds comparable)

[/ QUOTE ]
Are the games at the Borgata generally considered softer than at Foxwoods? (I haven't been to either place yet. I've only played .5/1 online and am running about 3BB/100. I was thinking about waiting until I could play OK at at least 1/2 online before I tried a B&M.)

[/ QUOTE ]

At the stakes you are playing for, you will see little variation in game quality no matter where you go.

The comp program at the Borgata is much better and the atmosphere is more pleasant, so you will probably get more bang for your buck there than anywhere else on the east coast.

scrub