Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2004, 01:52 AM

Default Re: Bin Laden Says Boycott Iraq Elections

http://www.networkingtheinternet.com/zxmVOTE.htm

I'm not a Michael Moore or even a registered Democrat. I'm a registered independent and I have voted for Republicans before. I voted for Pataki 3 times.

http://www.networkingtheinternet.com/zxmVOTE.htm

"* Even more certain is the conclusion that flawed ballot designs in several Florida counties played a decisive role in costing Gore the presidency. The Palm Beach Post, which did its own review of ballots last March and also participated in the consortium, explained the general wisdom in an article that concluded, "(The) former vice president probably lost thousands of votes cast by Floridians who marked their ballots for more than one candidate because they were confounded by confusing ballots such as Palm Beach County's 'butterfly ballot' and Duval County's 'caterpillar."

"Consider that 70,616 overvotes statewide included a mark, dimple, hanging chad, partial or cleanly-punched chad for Gore and any combination of third-party candidates. That's nearly three times the 24,600 overvotes that included some discernible mark for George W. Bush and any combination of third-party candidates, according to a comprehensive examination of these ballots performed by the Palm Beach Post and seven other media organizations. The review suggests what many pundits said a year ago: Uncounted ballots and voter confusion cost Gore the election."
Old 12-30-2004, 02:11 AM

I am going to resist calling YET AGAIN for a real link because its obvious you cannot provide one.

What is this crap you ooze out of your keyboard?

Even the site you provide, networkingtheinternet.com (a top site I use for accurate news and information) does not say Gore won a recount. What it does say is that Gore could have won if all ballots were properly filled out, and a full recount was done in ONLY the democratic counties.

Oh, I said i wasnt goign to do it again but...SHOW ME A RECOUNT Where Gore won....

And this registered independant crap and voting for pataki crap..it doesnt matter. You obviously hold great resentment towards our president, and refuse to look at the FACTS and think on your own. Stop letting Al Franken and Micheal Moore run your mind. You are better than that. American is better than that (I hope)
Old 12-30-2004, 02:39 AM

Do your own research. I am not your secretary.

Just google gore and 2000 election and you will find all the links you need.

Stop letting Faux News run your mind.
Old 12-30-2004, 05:02 AM

Default On account of Swiss

[ QUOTE ]
Switzerland is right in the middle of Europe and does not get attacked. You've said it's because they're neutral. That's correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

Switzerland is also one tough cookie of a nation! You wouldn't know it from all the cliches (a nation of yodelling bankers, etc) but every adult Swiss male is officially packing. Every Swiss undergoes mandatory military service for one year or so and then is assigned a military weapon which he stores at home; then he gets an annual week of re-training, for every year or so until he is way old. (Note, incidentally, the relatively very low murder rate in Switzerland despite the abundance of guns.)

The Swiss were historically tough soldiers and were much in demand in the various European courts as mercenaries, sorta the Gurkhas of Europe. Those Swiss "soldiers" in fancy costume guarding the Pope are a remnant from that era.

Bottom line: Much stronger nations have always been weary of the tough Swiss and gave them a wide berth.
Old 12-30-2004, 05:35 AM

We need to send in Wal-Mart.

Not a bad idea at all. If we opened a few Wal-Marts and discounted everything 95%, we'd have all the Iraquis eating out of our hands and still be ahead of the $5 bil a month we're spending now.
Old 12-30-2004, 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do your own research. I am not your secretary.
Just google gore and 2000 election and you will find all the links you need.

[/ QUOTE ]

Verywell...
The Miami Herald and USA Today reported George W. Bush would have widened his 537-vote victory to a 1,665-vote margin if the recount ordered by the Florida Supreme Court would have been allowed to continue
Link: http://archives.cnn.com/2001/ALLPOLI...da.recount.01/

Okay, found my LEGITIMATE news story...where is yours?
Old 12-30-2004, 01:03 PM

my brother just got back from Iraq last year he is now recruiter in the army. he was in the 101st out of kentuky, we have known that bin ladeen has had ties in iraq for a years now anything on cnn is a joke in the army they call it the Communist news network.

We need more people in iraq my bro says we are going to be there for atleast ten years.. and bin ladeen will die sooner or later [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-30-2004, 02:13 PM

nevermind, youre right, saddam did it all, the war in iraq is now completely justified. now if only one of the 5 original justifications had worked....

rj
Old 12-30-2004, 03:43 PM

What "justifications.." I mean it wasnt a damn cout case...there wasnt a contract...wake the frig up liberal.

WE COULDNT ACCEPT THE RISK OF A TOTAL MADMAN IN CHARGE OF A POWERFULOIL LADEN COUNTRY ANYMORE...IT WAS AN UNACCEPTABLE RISK...PERIOD.
Old 12-30-2004, 04:27 PM

Actually, there WAS a contract.

One which stated that if he did not allow unfettered access by the UN to monitor weapons capabilities, the cease fire after the invasion of iraq would be lifted.

That right there is all the reason you need to "justify" the iraq invasion. Unfortunatly our UN brethren dont keep their word, rendering them useless.