Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2004, 01:09 AM

Default Re: First Break

Well, I don't like Q2 very much to begin with, but in the end, you had the better hand at the turn. Bad luck on the river.

-Z
Old 12-19-2004, 01:11 AM

WebGuySteve..that was a tough beat, but I wonder if just folding preflop may be the best play there. I hate to fold the BB to a min raise by the SB, but I also hate playing a hand like Q2 there even more.

MrX
Old 12-19-2004, 01:16 AM

Default Second break

t2267 (average is t4112). Doubled up with 55 all-in against AQ. Took me to almost t3000. Later, I had AJ in the SB, folded to me, and I raised the BB (150) to 500 (meant to put in 400, but had a typo). BB came back at me strong and I laid my AJ down. He shows AK. That typo cost me t100 :/.

AKs first hand after the break. UTG, I push. Folded around. After the blinds are stolen back from me, I'm back to t2267. On the button, I push KJ, called by the SB with 99, and I hit a QJK flop. I'm now at t4734.

-Z

-Z
Old 12-19-2004, 01:17 AM

Default Re: *Official* Party 200k Guarenteed Saturday

I'm at 8500 after the second break on table #15. Hope to go far in this one...
Old 12-19-2004, 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
WebGuySteve..that was a tough beat, but I wonder if just folding preflop may be the best play there. I hate to fold the BB to a min raise by the SB, but I also hate playing a hand like Q2 there even more.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's what I meant to say.

-Z
Old 12-19-2004, 01:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]

MrX

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if the SB is min raising me, I know he won't flop a pair more often than not, so I can probably get him off of the pot with a raise like I did on the flop, and since he did pair, it didn't work. Though, I don't understand his reraise, and with my flush draw I had to call that. Then I hit the Q and the story pretty much ends there. I was thinking about folding it preflop, but I felt I could outplay him after the flop, so I took my shot.
Old 12-19-2004, 01:31 AM

Snapped off a flush draw to get up to 5kish, then 3 hands later my AK got it all in vs. TT. No help, and I'm down to 1300. /whine.

Nick
Old 12-19-2004, 01:34 AM

My 44 runs into 99, he gets a set to pour salt into the wound. I'm done. When my $$ runs out on Party, I dont think I'll bother to reload. Pstars so nice~

Nick
Old 12-19-2004, 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My 44 runs into 99, he gets a set to pour salt into the wound. I'm done. When my $$ runs out on Party, I dont think I'll bother to reload. Pstars so nice~

Nick

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you prefer PS over Party? Is it just the format (and certainly with 1500 chips tonight's event had a good format) or is there more to it? How do the players match up? I've never played on PS but am giving some thought to at least playing occasionally over there.
Old 12-19-2004, 02:17 AM

Default Third Break

Somehow climbed up to t16K at my peak. Not sure how it happened. I was low stack for a while, and played aggressively with any decent ace or pair, and managed to steal and win coinflips. Then got a QQ that held up pretty well. Came back over a raise on my blinds with AKs, and he folded...

After getting to 16K, I slowed down for a while, no steal attempts or anything... got blinded down to 14.9K or so... on the button, it was folded to me with 9-5o. I went a head and tried to steal with a $1000 bet at the $400 blind. He was a shortstack, went in the tank, and pushed for $1950. Well, it was only $950 back to me with a $3500 pot, so I called. His Ax held up, though.

So I'm down to t13K. Average stack is... t8900.

-Z