Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2004, 01:35 PM

Default Re: New Penultimate 2005 SNG Spreadsheet

[ QUOTE ]
but with computers that can do 2 billion + calculations per second, why would you waste your time streamlining.
Zephyr

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol. You'd be surprised how fast an Excel spreadsheet can become a bloated, processor-hogging, monstrosity. Some of my spreadsheets at work are 50+ MB and take over an hour to calculate (which is one of the reasons I have so much time to work on poker spreadsheets [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img].

One important thing about the UI - it is set up to only calculate when you click the exit box and close the UserForm. When I was testing it, it took several (15-25) seconds to calculate, so I decided to forgo on the fly calculations and just calculate once at the end of the session. All this means is that you can't look up your ROI etc. while you play, but I figured this wouldn't be a great loss.
Old 12-09-2004, 01:51 PM

This is looking really good! Though i'm having some troubles "cleaning" the sheet.

I wan't it totally cleaned and set up for my own SnG levels. When i delete all the existing entries, it still thinks that i've played a single SnG, which messes up the numbers. Any of you having success with cleaning the sheet of data?
Old 12-09-2004, 02:03 PM

This spread sheet almost grinds my p2-266 to a halt. I know, I know.... I really need to upgrade....

Great work though!

Steve
Old 12-09-2004, 03:33 PM

Default Re: Interface suggestion

If you need my regex kung fu let me know.
Old 12-09-2004, 03:57 PM

lol.

While the thought of $$$ is nice, it's really hard to accept anything like that considering that others have contributed in big ways.

If you really must unburden your soul and wallet, I suggest playing in one of the 2+2 SNGs or a KOTZ event. If that isn't good enough, or it's still not fair because you are a pro who will likely profit from doing so, offer a big bounty on yourself.

If it is really just me that you'd like to appease, donate money to the red cross. Humanitarian causes in the third world are my favorite.

Regards
Brad S
Old 12-10-2004, 01:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Would I have your permission to post it if I made it work for star office as well?

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course.

Anybody with ANY idea how to make this better is welcome to do so.

Regards
Brad S
Old 12-10-2004, 03:55 AM

OK. Stupid question. Wouldn't it be easier to have excel figure out what day of the week it is instead of the dropdown menu?

=TEXT(WEEKDAY(!REF), "ddd")

Sam
Old 12-12-2004, 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I wan't it totally cleaned and set up for my own SnG levels. When i delete all the existing entries, it still thinks that i've played a single SnG, which messes up the numbers. Any of you having success with cleaning the sheet of data?

[/ QUOTE ]

At first, I wasn't sure what you meant here, as I had no trouble entering new info, and when totally blank it registers zero tourneys.

Just now though, I figured out what you mean. If totally blank, but the buy-in and vig amounts arte left in, the spreadsheet will record your total as 1 buy-in to the negative on each sheet. I will try to fix this for future versions, but for now, a simple solutions is to just make sure that if you aren't using a particular sheet (like if you only play 20+2 and 30+3, for example) that you be sure to make all other entries sheets completely blank.

This means that you need to delete the buy-in and vig values also at the top of the entries sheets.

Regards
Brad S
Old 12-12-2004, 03:06 AM

Hello,

I love this spreadsheet and plan on using it along with Poker Tracker. I just read on another thread that it might be possible to export HH's from Poker Tracker into an excel spreadsheet and then move them to AM's SnG sheet. Can anyone elaborate on how to do this?

Thanks!
Old 12-12-2004, 03:24 AM

Here's how I do it (there's probably an easier way):
1) Save a blank spreadsheet on your desktop (I call mine SNG).
2) Using PokerTracker, on the Tourneys tab, push the [P] next to "Tourney Detail", then the [Export...] button. Be sure Excel is chosen, and browse to the empty spreadsheet on your desktop, and press [Export]. Click [Yes] and [Ok], and your data will be in the SNG folder.
3) What you do next is up to your level of expertise with Excel, but I created a new tab on AM's spreadsheet that I link that data to (tourney date and finish). Before I bring my data to AM's sheet, I sort it by date oldest to newest (not the PT default). PT puts the DATE and TIME in one field, so it is not as clean in AM's sheet, but it still works.

Ta-DAH!