Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2004, 12:56 AM

Default Re: Hardest thing I\'ve ever had to do.

I think I still like Sample Size Man. Wrong Forum Guy is pretty good too.
Old 12-07-2004, 01:06 AM

Interesting post, but ZJ I don't know why you think it's the post of the month. Also Malone, I read this whole thread and I don't understand your decision.
Old 12-07-2004, 01:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Interesting post, but ZJ I don't know why you think it's the post of the month. Also Malone, I read this whole thread and I don't understand your decision.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no clue what he's talking about either.

After re-reading my posts I can see why they're a bit confusing. I can see people thinking "Why not just grind it out and rebuild your BR?" Well, I have about $800 of the $1000 I left in my UB account. I don't feel that the money I would make from Ub $33 SNGs would pay the bills down here.

I could be mistaken in thinking this as I haven't played lower than $200 SNGs in some time, so I don't know exactl how much I could be making. I just feel like I need some guaranteed income right now. After reading some of the posts here, I think I might keep $200 in my Ub account and start playing HU sng's (what level should I start at?). While I'm doing this I might look into getting a backer as well (what is a standard backing deal?)
Thanks all
MAlone
Old 12-07-2004, 02:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with you, my girlfriend and I have been together since i was 13 years old, so I think a promise I made to her is more important than that $1000.

[/ QUOTE ]

Enjoy the vacation. You can always come back to poker when you have the chance. Your lady is the most important thing in your life right now.
Old 12-07-2004, 03:17 AM

Malone,

I wish you the best and hope your GF has a speedy recovery. She is, obviously, far more important than poker and you made the right choice to take care of her.

I've got you in my address books and maybe I will pop by and visit you when I take my trip to China/S. Korea next spring. I'll send you a PM before I do.

Good luck Malone.

Lawrence
Old 12-07-2004, 10:03 AM

A couple months ago TheGrifter requested to be staked on the mid/high PL/NL forum and I and several other people responded very quickly. So far the arrangement is going well.

I think the actual makeup of a deal is pretty flexible. As long as the expected return is high enough to make taking on a fair amount of risk reasonable, I dont think you will have much trouble finding backers.

-SmileyEH
Old 12-07-2004, 10:27 AM

Well I definately wouldn't mind being staked by someone on here for $2/4 Nl or $5/1. The only problem is it's hard to believe someone is a winner player without knowing them personally. The only way I could see this is if someone has played with me online. I play as Camen on UB, anyone interested PM me.
Old 12-07-2004, 11:07 PM

Thanks Lawrence,
If you're ever down this way I'd be happy to get a game going or just show you around.
Malone