Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2004, 01:32 AM

Default Re: KQo against a PF 3-Bet

[ QUOTE ]
I haven't found being dominated with KQo to be a recurring problem. I almost always raise it from early position. I assumed this was pretty standard, is this a leak I didn't even know I had?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it is not a leak.
Old 11-24-2004, 02:59 AM

I hate to bring up old topics but, what is the argument for limping w/ KQ?
Old 11-24-2004, 03:03 AM

I would be shocked, Shocked, SHOCKED!-- [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]--if Ed Miller didn't prefer raising KQo UTG in a average Party 3/6 game.
Old 11-24-2004, 03:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
my only other point in that message was that it's fine for you to offer compelling reasoning that disagrees with me, but it's disingenuous to make YOUR argument and then say it's not worth arguing because SSH said so...

[/ QUOTE ]

I have said that the point is not worth arguing because SSHE says it's not worth arguing.

I have _not_ said that it is not worth arguing because SSHE makes it clear that you should simply call KQo early. (Is that what you thought I said? I don't even see how you could _infer_ that from my posts. That's why I quoted the line, "Under typical conditions the difference in expectation between raising and calling is quite small.")

Regardless, if you're saying that there _is_ a clear choice to be made here at a 3/6 game, I totally disagree. Six of one, half a dozen of another, like you said.

As for 2/4 and below, I've already admitted that I have not played those stakes; those tables may be loose enough to warrant a preference for raising KQo early.
Old 11-24-2004, 03:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would be shocked, Shocked, SHOCKED!-- --if Ed Miller didn't prefer raising KQo UTG in a average Party 3/6 game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be at least mildly electrified if Ed felt _strongly_ about either calling or raising in an average Party 3/6. I don't suppose anyone knows how to get him to post here. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-24-2004, 04:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd be at least mildly electrified if Ed felt _strongly_ about either calling or raising in an average Party 3/6.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I always found that raising KQo in early position is bad at 3/6 and below (SSHE agrees).

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is it?
Old 11-24-2004, 04:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I always found that raising KQo in early position is bad at 3/6 and below (SSHE agrees).

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I shouldn't have typed "and below"; I've never played anything below 3/6. I honestly have no idea _why_ I typed "and below." I apologize for the contradiction.

As for what _I_ do with KQo at 3/6, it's irrelevant. Bad for me, good for you. It doesn't matter one way or the other at 3/6.

Edit: Ah! _This_ is the unintentionally disingenuous statement that should have been quoted earlier! I'll edit the comment where it first appears.

Edit #2: Sigh. Edit time expired. Anyhow, for anyone who reads this whole thread and gets this far, that line in my original post should read, "I always found that raising KQo in early position is bad at 3/6 and below, [but SSHE says that there is little difference between calling/raising.]"
Old 11-24-2004, 04:33 AM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

[ QUOTE ]
Just...don't PFR KQo in early position //raising KQo early isn't the wisest choice.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't agree. I can't remember the last time i limped with KQo in a LL game. Or any game i've been in, for that matter. SSHE also agrees with raising it in EP.

[ QUOTE ]
Even if you're behind right now, you have up to nine outs to make the second-nut flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

Along with any Q or K as an out.

b
Old 11-24-2004, 04:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In SSHE, Malmuth suggests that we stop wasting our time on this particular debate and focus on postflop play. I agree

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, since you posted your opinion...

Anyways, the biggest problem players have with KQo is postflop.

b
Old 11-24-2004, 04:38 AM

Default Re: KQo against a PF 3-Bet *DELETED*

Post deleted by bernie