Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2004, 03:00 AM

Default Re: FINAL TABLE PS 350K!!!

I can think of a certain sport bike with my name on come spring [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-22-2004, 09:00 AM

Default Re: FINAL TABLE PS 350K!!!

Congrats to both of you on a great finish. I thought Erdnase played a tremendous final table with the big stack. He was extremely aggressive putting pressure on his opponents on every hand but never overaggressive where he put too many chips at risk. I thoght he played one of the best final tables I've seen in that tourny by just playing great poker. Unfortunately in the heads up I think he needed to switch gears a bit. He seemed to be playing extremely fast and just calling down every hand and not catching anything. It seemed to me like he never got an idea of where he was in a lot of the hands. Maybe a bit impatient in the heat of the moment with so much money at stake. Its unfortunate he didn't take the title because i was very impressed with his play running over the final table to get to the heads up. Congrats again to both of you and I'm sure the money will make a a very enjoyable holiday season. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-23-2004, 07:55 AM

Default Thanks for the cudos!

Hi Tiger,

thanks for the kind words! Made my morning today (well, that and the fact that I placed in a small tourny on Sunday... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])

I did get murdered heads-up. I just could not get a handle on his play. I bet many flops that hit, like 2nd pair, ins. str. draw with two overs on an uncoordinated board, etc, but got called or raised and had to slow down or abandon the hand (I thought).

He played it extremely well, I thought, always putting the pressure on when he had a significant chip lead (which was most of the time) and also calling me down with A high hands twice for some good sized pots.

Up to the heads up, I was very pleased with my tourny. I was never in real danger, but able to keep the pressure on my opponents up (beauty of the chip lead!).

Thanks again for sweating, and I am always open for criticism and suggestions!

Greets, Erd