Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2004, 08:37 AM

Default Re: huge pot what to do?

Calling pre-flop in this spot is fine as long as you do not get re-raised. If everybody calls the raise the pot will lie 1 to (A HELLUVA LOT), not calling here is giving up way to much and I think Ed Miller will agree to this. All conditions are met for beeing an extreemly loose and passive table and the full family-pot.

I think u should only call the flop-bet, not raise it, u got the odds for that and a raise isn't really accomplish much.

Nice suckout.
Old 11-03-2004, 09:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Not only do you have to assume no limp-reraisers, but you also have to assume no folds. Often in live games I'll see a person limp and then fold to a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I mostly play online--and the likelihood of someone limp-reraising or folding for one more bet in a large pot preflop is fairly minimal.

[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to see a chart calculating all the possible permutations that T3s wins by the river in a large multiway pot and figure out if it comes in > or < than 5% of the time. I'm thinking it comes in less. But feel free to crunch the numbers and prove me wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

We don't have to prove you wrong...even if you have read SSH so many times that you can quote it to others, as you've claimed. You will soon learn that some answers can't be found in simulations, statistical analyses, or hidden in Ed's book.
Old 11-03-2004, 09:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You don't get 19:1 from the button if everyone limps.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously. But you have position. With a horrendous hand like T3s, I'd rather be on the button than first to act for the rest of the hand, thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

You would rather get 9:1 with the two players still left to act, rather than get a likely 19:1 with no one left to act?
And you said in a different reply that we should "trust the math?"

P.S. Please don't repeat your fears about the possibilty of a limp-reraise or players folding in this pot for one more bet--since it will happen so infrequently as to be a non-issue.