Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2004, 01:57 PM

Default Re: wow foxnews is biased, look at headlines right now

How much money do you expect investors to invest in this failure before it collapses? They are PAYING to be on the air, not having radio stations pay THEM for it.

If I had a billon dollars, I could get on the air on just about every radio station. Trouble is, I'd eventually run out of money.

Just wait until they ask for gov't funding to keep an opposing view point. That will happen once a dem is on office.
Old 10-15-2004, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Really? Every one? Statistically speaking, that makes them the center, with Fox as the outlier.

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on how you look at it.

In the real world Fox News commands 55% of the cable news market. That places the Fox News audience in the mainstream and the audience of all other cable news providers out on the fringe.

Stu

[/ QUOTE ]

Fox may be have a majority in cable viewership, but your claim was for every televised source- which includes ABC, NBC, CBS, and PBS, as well as local affiliate news.
Old 10-15-2004, 02:45 PM

I knew they had some trouble early on, but I thought that the fact that they expanded to 35 markets, including within the couple months San Diego, Phoenix, Boston, and that Al Frankins show is on Sundance every night, that they were doing better. We'll see. I think there is a market for liberal radio, but what do I know? (don't answer [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])
Old 10-15-2004, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

No actually I am referring to Paul Begala. Paid Kerry advisor, co-host of Crossfire, and CNN is also sponsoring a blog by him on their web site.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, I didn't know that. I know Begala also advised Dean on at least one occasion, althought I don't know if he was payed. This is a bit of an ethical dilemma. I guess Begala could argue that CNN pays him to give his left wing views and opinions, so there is no conflict of interest, but I don't think it's that easy.

This is pretty ironic, because Robert Novak is the guy who usually goes up against Begala on Crossfire, and he also has a political blog next to Paul's on CNN.com. Novak was obviously the guy who outed a CIA operative.

I read both their blogs after each debate, which were pretty amusing--it's as if they each watched a different debate.
Old 10-15-2004, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I knew they had some trouble early on, but I thought that the fact that they expanded to 35 markets, including within the couple months San Diego, Phoenix, Boston, and that Al Frankins show is on Sundance every night, that they were doing better. We'll see. I think there is a market for liberal radio, but what do I know? (don't answer [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't know it was on Sundance.

Wow. I can't believe I actually learned something worth know here.
Old 10-15-2004, 09:02 PM

I don't see Fox's hard news as being slanted at all. Shep Smith is completely neutral.

O'reilly is an iconoclast and I'm not sure you can really call him a righty or a lefty.

Interviews are always split 50/50 with dem/republicans. On O'reilly and H&C.

I agree with Vulturesrow that Greta is nuetral, but I haven't really spent a whole lot of time watching her.

Honestly I don't see how you really can complain about primetime Fox.

The other shows, however, suck.

Beltway Boys are horribly slanted to the right, and I can stand watching them. But they are commentary and not news. Plus it's obvious that they are to the right.

Fox N Friends... never watched it really, Steve Douchie( spelling?) is a moron so I don't pay attention.
Old 10-15-2004, 09:38 PM

You know my opinion of O'Reilly. He is a con artist. He pretends to be up the middle, but he isn't. That's what makes him worse than Limbaugh, IMO.
Why do you think he reads all those e-mails with people trying to guess his agenda? Why do you think he calls it "No spin zone"? Its all part of the con. I watched him yesterday. What a fraud. The critical issue yesterday was the Mary Cheney remark. O'Reilly has to do his part in the right wing machine to make this stick. So he has on Cheney's ex-staffer to "debate" him. So this is the debate, O'Reilly feigning up the middle, and this other guy 100 percent for Cheney. O'Reilly asks the basic setup questions, lamely defends Kerry, insults Kerry as being incoherant in his debate answers (Bush I guess is just chrystal clear), all the while the partisian does his number, ON THE MOST IMPORTANT ISSUE OF THE DAY. Its always like this. You don't see these setups. Now if it is some bullshit issue that has no impact on the race, O'Reilly take hard for the liberal side, and makes a lot of noise about it. But if its important, the fix is in.
Old 10-15-2004, 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You know my opinion of O'Reilly. He is a con artist. ........ Now if it is some bullshit issue that has no impact on the race, O'Reilly take hard for the liberal side, and makes a lot of noise about it. But if its important, the fix is in.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that is a big stretch. I will keep my eye out for this, but if O'reilly is a con artist, what the hell is nightline and CBS?
Old 10-16-2004, 01:42 AM

you are insane if you think oreilly is down the middle.
Old 10-16-2004, 02:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you are insane if you think oreilly is down the middle.

[/ QUOTE ]

O'reilly seemed fair enough during the conventions. He did the DNC the exact same way he did the RNC.