Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2004, 11:09 PM

Default Re: Am I Going to Burn in Hell?

Player A lives a life of x and waits until 2 minutes until his life is over(which he may not know when the 2 minutes is approaching).
Player B lives the same live of x but decides to accept the forgiveness early in his life.
They both live the same exact life. Both result in going to heaven.
So why is A better than B again?

*If anybody has any questions about anything at all, feel free to PM me. I completely understand if you are a little timid to ask a question in front of all the posters who you've been talking to. I will keep your identity confidential. Please PM me if while you read this you feel the need to talk to someone about your faith.
Old 10-05-2004, 11:51 PM

I'd like to know. Go ahead and post it here or PM me if you prefer.
Old 10-06-2004, 12:29 AM

But felson, don't you at least see, why this SHOULD make someone want to vomit. Even if you believe it is true.

Just because it makes you want to vomit, doesn't mean it isn't true.
Old 10-06-2004, 12:43 AM

Damn, errrrr, I mean DANG! This is getting heavy, dudes.

Bug
Old 10-06-2004, 12:46 AM

You have a sensitive gag reflex, David, but I think I understand what triggered it. You realize, of course, that believers who misrepresent Christian doctrine are analogous to terrible poker players who bring a dogeared copy of The Theory of Poker to the table? I choose to judge your peerless work on its own merits. I'd hope you'd extend the same courtesy to that other Book which also happens to be pretty good.
Old 10-06-2004, 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You realize, of course, that believers who misrepresent Christian doctrine are analogous to terrible poker players who bring a dogeared copy of The Theory of Poker to the table?

[/ QUOTE ]

not trying to accuse you of anything, but are you saying I am misrepresenting the Christian doctrine? I can assure you that I am not. I guess there are different denomonations but the basics are still there.
If your statement is, in fact true(about DS thinking I'm misrepresenting) then I would argue that I probably know more about the Bible than DS.
If you're not saying any of this, then I don't understand your post at all.
Old 10-06-2004, 01:16 AM

"The Bible teaches that no matter how good a person somebody is, you cannot EARN your way to heaven(or favor with God). Thankfully, you don't have to have "x" amount of good deeds before you're allowed into heaven. You just have to accept the forgiveness that God is offered you when he send JC."

So good deeds are not rewarded? Can I assume from that that bad deeds are also not punished? Are you saying that I can be Adolph Hitler or Osama Bin Laden and if I 1) accept that I have sinned; 2) accept God's forgiveness for my sins; and 3) have faith that God is a man of his word, that I will be allowed into heaven? And that Mohandas Ghandi is burning in hell for eternity?
Old 10-06-2004, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So good deeds are not rewarded? Can I assume from that that bad deeds are also not punished? Are you saying that I can be Adolph Hitler or Osama Bin Laden and if I 1) accept that I have sinned; 2) accept God's forgiveness for my sins; and 3) have faith that God is a man of his word, that I will be allowed into heaven? And that Mohandas Ghandi is burning in hell for eternity?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well duh! Can you see why? Oh that's right... your puny mortal mind cannot comprehend God's "mysterious" ways.
Old 10-06-2004, 01:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So good deeds are not rewarded?

[/ QUOTE ]

no. I'm saying that the Bible doesn't say you get "two eternity's in heaven" if you do x amount of good deeds. That's up to God. I don't know his reward system for those who are extra good.

[ QUOTE ]
Can I assume from that that bad deeds are also not punished?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know how God punishes those who do bad deeds and then accept his forgiveness. Jesus accepted the guilt and shame for all of the sin of mankind while on the cross. I can't answer your question very well though.

[ QUOTE ]
Are you saying that I can be Adolph Hitler or Osama Bin Laden and if I 1) accept that I have sinned; 2) accept God's forgiveness for my sins; and 3) have faith that God is a man of his word, that I will be allowed into heaven?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying that, the Bible is. The Bible says yes. Anybody who confesses to be a sinner, accepts God's forgiveness, and puts his faith in God, no matter how wicked and sinful that person has been in the past, will be in heaven".
That's what the Bible says.

[ QUOTE ]
And that Mohandas Ghandi is burning in hell for eternity?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't say if he is or isn't. It's hard to understand how God judges those who have absolutly zero knowledge of Jesus Christ. The Bible says that God is the ultimate judge and he is just. Instead of saying Mohandas Ghandi, lets say BillyBob. BB lives in the year 2004. BillyBob is a great man, he donates tons of money to charity. He feeds the hungry around the world. He sacrifices his life to being a servent to others. He decides to live a life of poverty and gives up all his net worth away. BillyBob refuses to believe that he is a sinner. I'm scared for BillyBob. But God is the final judge. Not me.

*the only reason I used a different example(instead of MG) is because I don't know if he ever knew of the existence of Christ and that kinda complicates things. BB knows about Christ and chooses to deny him.
Old 10-06-2004, 01:40 AM

Well, if God were Donald Trump he would look you square in the eye
and exclaim:
"You're fired!"
/M
Oh wait ... God is Donald Trump