Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2004, 04:08 PM

Default Re: RESULTS

I think you're being results-oriented if you think you played this poorly. There is only 1 hand that beat you, and I think your distribution of limp-reraise hands on Party is off. Based on what I typically see, it's 50% AA/KK/QQ and 50% all sorts of other stuff (AK/AQ and pretty much any pocket pair). In fact, I wouldn't put it past him to have 44 here and it would be consistent with how he played the later streets. Anyway, I don't think you played this poorly.
Old 09-15-2004, 05:00 PM

Default Re: Monsters under the bed..

[ QUOTE ]
people don't limp-reraise upper middle-class hands. he doesn't have KQ, he has 94s or he has AA.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen limp-reraises in the Party 15/30 from all major demographic groups of hands.
Old 09-15-2004, 05:08 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

upper middle-class is the specific area where it basically never happens. it is 99.9% AK/AQ, AA-22, or XXs (AA/KK/AK making up the huge majority). you will see JTo orders upon orders of magnitude more often than KQo. KQo class limp-reraises are so infrequent that it should not be considered.
Old 09-15-2004, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If it turned out he had AA he would then be in the notes as tricky since he didn't reraise the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes no sense. Many players would call down with AA there, including me. Free cards aren't too scary, as you almost certainly will not cost yourself the pot. Reraising someone who is representing trips when you have one pair is not the "default" play.

[/ QUOTE ]
Huh? You do realize that AA made a boat on the turn, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. I thought the action all came one street later, and the ace was on the river. Ignore everything I said in this post. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks,
Eric
Old 09-15-2004, 08:31 PM

your trying too hard to save a bet or two here. If there is 1 possible hand that that beats me and requires 2 cards so be it. If you're looking to save these bets save it somewhere else. This hand just wasn't meant to be if he had them
Old 09-16-2004, 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
your trying too hard to save a bet or two here.

[/ QUOTE ]

The villain practically jumped up on the table and yelled "HAHAHHAA I HAVE AA!!!"

Faced with the exact same decision against the average unknown given the exact same action, I think you will find the opponent having AA an overwhelming number of times.

It's not a question of trying too hard to save bets... it's a question of NOT trying too hard to lose them.
Old 09-16-2004, 03:13 AM

I poked around in my PT database looking for hands that were limp reraised preflop, and I saw a ton of people who only did this with AA, some KK, QQ, AK, and AQ, and the rest were mostly random suited cards.

If you've played enough you've probably seen it happen with virtually every combination, but the fact remains that AA is usually the hand of choice for this particular play.
Old 09-16-2004, 04:47 AM

Default Re: RESULTS

[ QUOTE ]
Open limping and reraising is IMO the biggest giveaway of any hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which on a smart table means it might be a poor play. Here you read it right, but were tricked goot on the expensive streets. I think you conclude the outcome correctly (2 big bets lost might well have been avoided). Under-boats, nasty stuff.
Old 09-16-2004, 06:43 PM

Nearly every 2+2er assumes everyone in the 15/30 is retarded.

Going one more bet on the river is more retarded.

You should have bet the flop too.
Old 09-16-2004, 09:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Going one more bet on the river is more retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

[ QUOTE ]
You should have bet the flop too.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was already bet by the guy with AA.