Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2004, 06:18 PM

Default Re: Is Paul Phillips Gay?

Which one are you talking about?

I want to find the referenced posts and read through the ridicule that followed.

citanul
Old 09-14-2004, 08:12 PM

Default You all are commenting on something you don\'t know about

Check RGP if you're curious about a bit of the background.

Don't jump to conclusions based on one post.
Old 09-14-2004, 09:28 PM

They trespassed him (an honor often given to Card Counters), so he wasn't supposed to be able to go back. I saw him at the Horseshoe during BARGE this year, so obviously that restriction has been lifted (or he just didn't care...).
Old 09-15-2004, 03:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Something about this guy just strikes me as [censored]. It mainly hit me when I was reading that pokerbabe's website with the little bio's on all the WPT players. I came to his and there were a couple pictures of him, and I realized this man just looks gay.

I just read another poster saying Phillips seems gay to them. Now we joke around about Negreanu, but I think we know he's not actually gay.

Paul Phillips though, is he gay? Who else thinks he is gay.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was the poster who views/ed Paul Phillips as gay, but this is mainly stemming from a joke w/ friends.

Negreanu has a fiance, has written about the women in his life in numerous cardplayer articles, and is not gay. Paul Phillips... Well, he strikes me as gay. I think it was the red hair in the Plaza event. But hey!
Old 09-15-2004, 03:59 AM

You start laughing because it's ridiculous and irrelevent. You keep on laughing because of the little silly tangents that you find (The Dread-Pirate Juanda, for example) that are just humorous in the context.

You finally laugh hardest of all when you realize that some of the people in the thread actually -do- care one way or the other.

~D

I never expressed interest as to whether there was truth to my wonderment of whether Paul Phillips is or is not gay. Do I honestly care if he is gay? No, I dont, however, the original reason I stated it is someone had a "best of..." and minority categories. I filled in Paul's name for the "best gay player," because:
a. I find him to be a very good player
b. I dont "know" of any reputed player to be gay, so I linked a player who has homosexual tendencies with the question in mind.

After reading all these threads from seemingly over-charged 2+2 posters defending Paul's heterosexuality, ok, you convinced me, he's not gay, but I still find his hair color amusing, which is what led me to make the assumption he is gay.

And no, not everyone with dyed hair is gay, but also the particular day I saw the episode, he had a peculiar way of flinging chips in the middle, it was so flamboyant... Anyways, I just found it funny, take my explanation with a grain of salt, and of course, I will refrain from tarnishing his straight image anymore.
Old 09-15-2004, 09:13 AM

Varkonyi expresses more homosexual tendencies than paul phillips ever has. The guy dresses in nice suits and isn't a tumbling dickweed and that makes him gay?

I could understand if the dude had a lisp and was flailing his arms about whenever he won a pot, but the only thing he has in common with the stereotypical gay dude is good fashion sense.