Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Other Gambling Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2004, 10:17 PM

Default Re: NFL betting - tips?

[ QUOTE ]
It's amazing all the experts on this subject. I win period,

[/ QUOTE ]

It has nothing to do with being an expert handicapper. Actually even if I had never heard of football, did not know the rules of the game or how a winner was determined but only understood how winning/losing bets were calculated and paid I would know that your odd game theory was incorrect. This is what you are missing, it is mathmatically incorrect and has nothing to do with being a winning player. In fact I am 100% sure that if you did not insist on making an odd number of plays per week you would have won more money in the last 8 years than you have.

Jimbo
Old 09-03-2004, 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's amazing all the experts on this subject. I win period, I need not prove anything to anyone on this forum, if you look at it as bad advice then so be it, I am gald you do well betting sports, Good Luck!

[/ QUOTE ]

Slacker, nobody is questioning your sports betting expertise. Everyone, however, is questioning your money management and game selection expertise. Your advice is logically unsound. You have a preset number of games you want to play....this is wrong! You're great at picking winners; You're terrible at understanding the logic behind this issue.
Old 09-03-2004, 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Slacker, nobody is questioning your sports betting expertise. Everyone, however, is questioning your money management and game selection expertise. Your advice is logically unsound. You have a preset number of games you want to play....this is wrong! You're great at picking winners; You're terrible at understanding the logic behind this issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since more that one poster has said this I sat back and really thought this out, why I do that etc.. I myself am really questioning this now. I think I have stuck with this simply because it has always worked for me even though there was no logic behind it and maybe it's comes down to "if it's not broke don't fix it" type of thing. I also contacted one the guys who first started teaching me the in's and outs of sports gambling and asked them why they taught me this way and he basically said it was more for control than anything, so that I wouldn't be betting numerous amounts of games per day/ per week etc... And maybe I too found very little logic in it at the time but like I said it worked for me and I continued on without questioning the reasons why.
I do not always adhere to this practice, but I have been following it way too much and I need to re evaluate the way I have been doing things.
I apologize if I came off like an ass, I simply felt as though I was getting slightly attacked here for something that has been very successful for me but I do understand your’s and Jimbos point and even though I like to think of myself as a very logical person maybe this is one that slipped passed me. Anyway, thanks for the advice, hopefully I can return the favor by giving you some winners.
Old 09-03-2004, 03:00 PM

I didnt read the posts, so somehow may have said this, but play

DOGS and UNDERS and get a good number, have 2 outs at minimum, should have 3 really.
Old 09-03-2004, 05:01 PM

Default Re: My Thoughts/Philosophy...

I'm interested. Any tips for betting NBA Playoff games?
Old 09-03-2004, 08:06 PM

Teasing games over key #'s is the most simplistic way to give yourslef a chance at winning.
Old 09-03-2004, 08:11 PM

have 2 outs at minimum, should have 3 really.

Yikes!!

I have 12 [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-03-2004, 10:46 PM

i was just about to comment on that, sublime.

craig
Old 09-04-2004, 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Since more that one poster has said this I sat back and really thought this out, why I do that etc.. I myself am really questioning this now. I think I have stuck with this simply because it has always worked for me even though there was no logic behind it and maybe it's comes down to "if it's not broke don't fix it" type of thing. I also contacted one the guys who first started teaching me the in's and outs of sports gambling and asked them why they taught me this way and he basically said it was more for control than anything, so that I wouldn't be betting numerous amounts of games per day/ per week etc... And maybe I too found very little logic in it at the time but like I said it worked for me and I continued on without questioning the reasons why.
I do not always adhere to this practice, but I have been following it way too much and I need to re evaluate the way I have been doing things.
I apologize if I came off like an ass, I simply felt as though I was getting slightly attacked here for something that has been very successful for me but I do understand your’s and Jimbos point and even though I like to think of myself as a very logical person maybe this is one that slipped passed me. Anyway, thanks for the advice, hopefully I can return the favor by giving you some winners.

[/ QUOTE ]

No bad feelings at all man. I definitely expect to learn a lot from you, as I'm trying to get a lot better at picking football.

I think that your advice actually may be okay for a beginner(which was the initial point of this thread) because many beginner's need the reassurance of seeing positive results each week in order to not go on 'tilt'(if I could use that word with sports betting). However, with a more established gambler, I think he can handle a losing week, and therefore he should simply stick to optimum plays.

Anyway, it made for a good discussion, and as I said, I'm definitely looking forward to learning from you this year. Best of luck.
Old 09-04-2004, 11:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
have 2 outs at minimum, should have 3 really.

Yikes!!

I have 12 [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no clue what you guys are talking about [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]