Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2004, 11:01 PM

Default Re: SB local vs. the Midwest Guy

That's interesting, I played a hand online today very similar, and I'd been thinking about it all day when I stumbled onto your post.

Ultimate Bet 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">SB caps</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, Hero calls, Button calls.

Flop: (17 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, UTG folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (11.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: (14.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 17.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Button shows Qd Kd (two pair, kings and nines).
SB shows Ks Ac (two pair, kings and nines).
Hero shows Ad As (two pair, aces and nines).
Outcome: Hero wins 17.50 BB. </font>

When the board paired on the turn, I basically decided I was either way ahead or way behind and was going to check/call all the way, especially if I didn't have to call two cold. Luckily, the guy on my right accomodated by not raising. He must have been just as scared of the board as me. Comments?
Old 07-21-2004, 12:28 AM

Default Re: RESULTS

"He agonized over this for a bit, and so I posted it on his behalf. "

Why are you talking about this place to players in that game, and why on earth would you offer to post a hand for someone?
Old 07-21-2004, 12:51 AM

He's known about this site for some time now, but doesn't like to write- mostly a lurker. He actually asked me to post it.

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 07-21-2004, 12:54 AM

The fact that Midwest bet the river despite the paired board gave sb the info he needed to fold. He agonized over this for a bit, and so I posted it on his behalf.

Sounds like he made the right choice. He need not agonize... it sounds like he's at least as solid, if not more so, than us forum jockies.
Old 07-21-2004, 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He's known about this site for some time now, but doesn't like to write- mostly a lurker. He actually asked me to post it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just be careful Babe, it's a very small gossipy group in that room and it's really best to try and avoid discussing this place at all costs.
Old 07-21-2004, 12:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The fact that Midwest bet the river despite the paired board gave sb the info he needed to fold. He agonized over this for a bit, and so I posted it on his behalf.

Sounds like he made the right choice. He need not agonize... it sounds like he's at least as solid, if not more so, than us forum jockies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. Perfectly played. Heck, he probabaly should have folded when raised on the flop. That's the only possible mistake I can see.
Old 07-21-2004, 01:02 AM

Exactly. Perfectly played. Heck, he probabaly should have folded when raised on the flop. That's the only possible mistake I can see.

It's not the raise that should make him fold... it's the cold-call.
Old 07-21-2004, 01:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

It's not the raise that should make him fold... it's the cold-call.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, its both. It's obvious he has aces because what else would he raise from the blinds with? Once raised, he should know he is screwed. I mean, what do they think he's raising with? Obviously his hand is no good. Frankly, I think check-folding may have been a good option now that I think about it. Even if he managed to survive the flop, he's probabaly going to lose by the river anyways.
Old 07-21-2004, 01:06 AM

No, its both. It's obvious he has aces because what else would he raise from the blinds with? Once raised, he should know he is screwed. I mean, what do they think he's raising with? Obviously his hand is no good. Frankly, I think check-folding may have been a good option now that I think about it. Even if he managed to survive the flop, he's probabaly going to lose by the river anyways.

NM, you're right.
Old 07-21-2004, 01:23 AM

Default Gossipy to Clark

"Just be careful Babe, it's a very small gossipy group in that room and it's really best to try and avoid discussing this place at all costs. "

And...of course, WE would NEVER be a "gossipy group",eh? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Most of those 10-20 guys don't even own a computer, nor do they give a rat's butt about our opinion of anything [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

LGPG,