Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2005, 10:23 AM

Default Re: Anyone still beating the Party $10+1?

I'm happy you started this thread. I've been thinking to myself that the $10s have really tightened up lately. In fact, I've actually made comments during SnGs stating this and always have replies in agreement. I'm not surprised at all to see a full table in level 3, this would have been an anomaly months ago.
Old 01-13-2005, 11:27 AM

My observation is that they're tighter but more passive.
Old 01-14-2005, 10:53 PM

Can't speak to the NL side, but the limit SNGs have gotten *much* tighter (at least up to the 20s, which is as high as I usually play). A couple days ago, I had one $5 SNG go 105 hands before we finally got down to final 3. Did I mention that this was a FIVE DOLLAR SNG? At Party? It still boggles my mind.

And why was I playing at the 5s, you might ask? Because, after a $1200 run over Christmastime at the 10s and 20s, I noticed that we were suddenly hitting level 5 with 6 or more players still in most of the time. And I knew most of them. And most of them knew me. So, I decided to try and find out where all the fish had gone. Clearly, they hadn't gone to that game [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

q/q
Old 01-14-2005, 11:43 PM

As far as the Party limit SNG's are concerned, I was teaching a buddy about the NL's last night when he accidentally joined a 50 limit game instead.

At one point, after one EP limper with 50/100 blinds, I had him raise ATs from the CO. The blinds folded and EP called.

The flop was Txx, 2 diamonds, the EP limper bet, then 3 bet my friend's raise, called the flop cap, bet the rag diamond turn and went all in on the rag diamond river. My friend made the crying call only to discover the limper's hand was AQo, no diamonds.

If they didn't take so long and weren't sort of a dead end I'd quad table them all day.