Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-27-2005, 04:57 PM

Default My last real Year of Poker

well, this is it folks.

from now until may 20, 2006 will be my last year as a semi-pro poker player. from then on i will travel for a month and then in june very likely (or maybe july) start my new life.

Friday August 26,2005 i called up an investment bank at which i interviewed this past may. the MD told me that he was happy to hear from me and was going to just "put something out there" for me and i should "take it however i want."

he proceeded totell me that i did great at the interview and that he would be extending a full time position offer to me in the near future.

so this is it. i have school this year and poker after studies and on weekends but then its the 70-90hr a week grind for the first year at a big name investment bank. my 1st or 2nd choice institution.

i can't express how good this feels. all my work up to this point is about to pay off. all my studying and writing papers for the department of labor and delving into finance and accounting seems to have been worth it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

im sure many of you dont care or whatever, but i just wanted to tell more people b/c the pressure of finding a job as a 2nd year MBA student is no more.

poker has been good to me...but this will be the last year i play it as often as i do now.

2p2 has been good to me as well and ive met a lot of great guys and learned a sh*tload. clearly im around for the next year but it kinda feels a bit like a premature goodbye...b/c the realization of the rest of my life is at hand.

thats it...just wanted to share my good news.

thanks for listening.

Barron