Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2005, 01:50 PM

Default Re: Watching The Boondock Saints...

Wow. Just wow. I cant believe these responses. This is one of the worst movies I have ever seen. Everyone I know and like who has seen it agrees with me.

I did enjoy watching it, but found it hard to believe it wasn't a parody. I dont mean "found it hard to believe" like some stuck up film elitest, I swear I lost a $10 bet on the subject. The lines were so cliche filled and canned. Everything was poorly executed. The movie tried so hard to be cool and smart, but the whole time it felt like listening to this 9 year old neighbor with sever Fetal Alcohol Syndrom who always tries to impress me.

From the responses in this thread so far, it looks like most will accuse me of snobbery or having a pole up my ass. Well believe whatever you want, but I don't think this is the case. This movie just sucked.
Old 10-27-2005, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Have never seen this.

A sequel is apparently in production:
Boondock Saints II: Electric Boogaloo

[/ QUOTE ]

Geez the movie people must really be out of ideas. This is the type of movie u do not make a second one of. Whats with all these remakes and part 2 of movies that are from 10+ years ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

The sequel was going to revolve around some copy cats that the Saints need to help the cops catch. Everyone is in it except Dafoe. This movie is great because of what it did on a fairly low budget. The story is pretty well executed and the cinematography is pretty well done too. Top 50 of all time? No. But neither is Donnie Darko and they are both two of my favorite "cult" movies to watch on DVD.
~Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea i liked both movies alot i may end up likeing the 2nd one but its just hollywood has done nothing but make remakes and sequels for the last few years.
Old 10-27-2005, 02:11 PM

My friends quote this movie incessantly and it drives me crazy. They made me watch it. It was good, but...yeah, what everyone else said.
Old 10-27-2005, 02:43 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

[ QUOTE ]
People built this up as something on par with Pulp Fiction, and it's really not. It's a dumb move that's slightly entertaining and not nearly as funny as it thinks that it is.

Way overrated by people who are actually aware of it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-27-2005, 02:48 PM

how many on here have seen Monument Ave?

Good local flick with Denis Leary in it. My family is from the part of Boston the movie is talking about (Charlestown) and just from being a holligan in my youth I can attest to how authentic the film is.

Good stuff.

Sorry for the hijack, but wanted to chime in with an underated/unknown crime film.
Old 10-27-2005, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
People built this up as something on par with Pulp Fiction, and it's really not. It's a dumb move that's slightly entertaining and not nearly as funny as it thinks that it is.

Way overrated by people who are actually aware of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The movie is definitely nowhere near "Pulp Fiction," or "one of the best movies of all time," but I don't think it's deserving of some of the real hate it's getting. Kids with Fetal Alcohol Syndrome? (Tho that was funny, and I may use it to describe other movies.) I wonder if this is a backlash from having friends build the movie up way too much?

I thought it was an entertaining movie. Some cool characters. Bad accents. Willem Dafoe chewing scenery up. Ron Jeremy. "Where's he going? No-wheeeah." To each his own. But again, people that think it has no redeeming qualities whatsoever, I'm actually curious as to what recent movies you have enjoyed.
Old 10-27-2005, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how many on here have seen Monument Ave?

Good local flick with Denis Leary in it. My family is from the part of Boston the movie is talking about (Charlestown) and just from being a holligan in my youth I can attest to how authentic the film is.

Good stuff.

Sorry for the hijack, but wanted to chime in with an underated/unknown crime film.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think I've caught this yet. I'll put it back on the list, it's one I meant to get when it came out, but it must have slipped through the cracks.

Or maybe I did see it. Does Leary do a ton of coke in one scene, making it look very realistic?

My memory sucks. Damn you, High School Days!
Old 10-27-2005, 02:56 PM

Or maybe I did see it. Does Leary do a ton of coke in one scene, making it look very realistic?

lolz, yes.

EDIT: man i wish i could tell some of my stories on here. alas, as i am a businessman i cant. sorry gents [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-27-2005, 03:09 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

i thought the movie was basically crap and have no intention to watch it again. the hype it was given was so astounding that i could easily see it driving people to hate the movie.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i thought the movie was basically crap and have no intention to watch it again. the hype it was given was so astounding that i could easily see it driving people to hate the movie.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I saw this I had never heard of it, we thought the DVD looked interesting in the store. So I guess if it was overhyped and I was expecting some sort of incredible piece of filmmaking I would have been disappointed.

What confuses me is when people say it's total crap. Now I think most movies that come out nowadays are "total crap," so it's not like I'm saying you're wrong, but again, those that really hate this movie, I am curious as to what movies have come out in the past few years that you enjoyed.