Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2005, 08:48 PM

Default Re: Things I liked about this ep

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
She did claim she will never love sawyer for the dwayne reason so i guess they are our adam and eve?

[/ QUOTE ]

The first shot of Kate in the fruit tree with the piece of fruit in the foreground was a clear parallel to Eve.

[/ QUOTE ]

we've seen a bunch of people picking fruit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but there was something about that shot that reminded me of Eve.
Also, I'm talking out my ass.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:00 AM

Default Re: Lost-11/30/05 *Spoilers*

Interesting note Re: Walt and the computer.

***possible spoilers***** (although old news for many)

The very first time Shannon 'saw' Walt in the jungle and he spoker gibberish to her he was actually speaking backwards. I read on a forum, according to some net fans who played with the audio anyway, that what he was saying was (in white): <font color="white"> 'Don't press the button, the button is bad'. </font>
Old 12-01-2005, 09:00 AM

I don't see why people call Jack "Adam and Eve". they are not the first people on the island, or bear any other resemblance to Adam and Eve. if I'm missing something, please explain.

also, do you guys think Kate has 'the sickness' that Rousseau spoke of?
Old 12-01-2005, 10:58 AM

Pointed out to me by sombody who saw screen caps, but I was looking for other folks in the flashback, since they seem to pop up.
Old 12-02-2005, 08:37 AM

Intresting stuff about the Dharma Intiative from one of the writers (general-ish, with vague hints):

Writer/Supervising producer Javier Grillo-Marxuach reveals (note that this is a summary of the spoilerish things he revealed): The people in the tail section have experienced the full wrath of "the Others" and the "monster"... but they don't know about any of the other mysteries of the island. They don't know about the hatch, the polar bears, the Dharma Initiative... so it's going be a real culture shock for them. Some of these characters are not going to get along. You've got Kate and Ana Lucia - who will both have some kind of a relationship with Jack. We also have a Nigerian man, and as you know from last season, a Nigerian drug plane was found on the island. You have to wonder if there's a connection... Not to mention Charlie who is a drug addict and has a Virgin Mary statue full of heroin. He hasn't broken it yet, but eventually we'll have to deal with the repercussions of that. As with the hatch, there will be more revelations about the Dharma Initiative, but it's all going to come at times when it's going to affect the characters most. You have not seen the last of Dharma, but it's going to be a little while before you find out a little bit more. The Dharma Initiative was a communal research facility on the island. A lot of scientists and free-thinkers got together to do a lot of different kinds of research: psychiatry, zoology - and remember that with the zoology of the film you saw some polar bears. It's possible there were some animal aggression studies going on there, as well as human psychology experiments and a whole variety of other things. The Dharma Initiative was founded by two peacenik Grad students who were trying to get to the bottom of a lot of mysteries about human behavior. There are six bunkers on the island, and they were devoted to a lot of different kinds of research. That's going to open up a lot of different avenues for us to tease you with what the kind of research was, and how it's evolved now that the Dharma Initiative seems to have fallen into disrepair. A lot has happened on the island and the Dharma Initiative is just the tip of the iceberg..."

source: Spoilerfix.com
Old 12-02-2005, 08:57 AM

Also seriously...does anyone else see the face in the black smoke here? wtf.

original image can be found here:

Link
Old 12-02-2005, 09:44 AM

which circle is the face in?
Old 12-02-2005, 02:37 PM

As to the black cloud face thing, Andrew Smith (in his world famous Ultimate Theory) did a pretty good job of theorizing about it on the Theories forum of 4815162342.com. Something about the cloud being made up of iron filings or some other magnetically-maneuverable substance, and those two circles being polar opposites. This should be somewhere in the middle of his thread...try pages 17-26. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-01-2005, 11:53 AM

does anybody else find it strange how casual everyone acts? I mean, people have been abducted and killed by The Others, yet people still wander off into the woods by themselves, genereally seem calm, etc.

I get the feeling that these people should be organizing watch crews, defensive measure, ala the tailies. it seems the paranoia the tailies have, hasn't spilled over the the original survivors. I wonder why...
Old 12-02-2005, 11:36 PM

Apologies if this was already posted, but Michelle Rodriguez and another cast member were busted for DUI.

Link.